Vortex ranger VS Leupold RX1000

timmay

Looking at buying one of these rangefinders either the Vortex Ranger or the Leupold RX 1000 and would like anyones input that has used one or both.
Yes I know that Lieca 1600 is the one to get but Im not going to spend over $400 right now and the lieca is double that price.

Whatever you decide just remember this. Most rangefinders are efficient to about half their advertised distance on a bright sunny day. The darker the day the better they work. I use a 1600B and works every time out to 800-1000 yards as an example even though have ranged to 1700 yards quite a bit.

I have a Newcon 1500 that struggles to be consistent at 500. Good luck with your decision

I bought the Vortex Ranger last year to replace my old Leupold RX1. I use it for bow hunting as well a rifle hunting. I like that the vortex has a lighted red reticle it makes it much easier to see in low light. I like the built in angle compensator to help me while shooting at angles. It says it will range deer out to 500 yards and is probably true but while deer hunting last October I was able to get a reading of 750 yards on three different bucks in a herd. It had been raining all night and the deer were pretty wet which is why I believe I was able to range them that far. I'm comfortable shooting out to 500 yards on big game so this rangefinder works great for me and the price was pretty good as well. As far as the Leupold RX1000 I have no experience with that. Hope this helps.

Ive also been reading a lot of good things about the Bushnell Elite 1 mile.
Amazon has them for $450.
So it will probably be between those 3.
Im going to Sportsmans Warehouse today and they have all three, Ill see If I can take them outside and see which one I like the best.
Ive only read good things about all three of them

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.