Vortex question

coop2564

My question is, the internal parts that make the vert and horz adjustments and tracking. A guy at Dicks told me the crossfire II and the viper use the same quality of internal parts, but its the glass quality that is the price difference. Said the the ability of the turrets to track, hold zero and be accurate MOA adjustments are basically the same quality.

Is this a true statement?

Last edited:
My question is, the internal parts that make the vert and horz adjustments and tracking. A guy at Dicks told me the crossfire II and the viper use the same quality of internal parts, but its the glass quality that is the price difference. Said the the ability of the turrets to track, hold zero and be accurate MOA adjustments are basically the same quality.

Is this a true statement?

IDK if its true or not but a general rule of thumb is to not listen to anyone at a Dicks, Academy, Bass Pro, Cabelas, Gander Mtn or anywhere else that doesn't have at least a few 7mm Express dies laying around or over 400lbs in powder next to an old ashtray.

Supposedly the Viper and up are made in the Phillipines and the lower in China. I take that with a grain of salt as well, scope companies don't want to say they are built in China and if ya don't work for Vortex......how do ya REALLLLLLY KNOW?

I did just look at the Vortex website and there is a large difference in the MOA adjustment between the CF and Viper line. So I would ASSume the Dick's employee is like 99.999999999% of box store emloyees, either a liar, goofball or most likely............BOTH.

Just IMHO.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.