Vortex pst 6x24x 50 mm fft scope...Help!

Hi RCdinaz. Nice Reply. Just out of curiosity, what will you be using your scope for. Hunting? If so, do you have any concerns with close 25 yard shots with that power scope. I might go look for one of these before this fall and try out. It sounds like the PSTs took a step up.

Thanks

I have the PST on a 7mm Dakota from Kevin at MCR rifles, this one:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/new-mcr-7mm-dakota-f-s-71414/

I do agree that close in shots especailly in cover would be tough. I plan on using this for Coues deer and in the last 10 years I have had one opportunity to shoot a deer close and it would have been tough. However, most of the time they are 200 yds or more away due to the type of country they live in. If I am going to walk the thick stuff I would most likely take my little Tikka 243 with me and keep the scope on 4X but we dont hunt that way as much anymore.

I think both the PST and the new Sightron scopes are worth taking a look at they are a lot of glass for the money in my opinion.

On game, particularly deer/elk sized game you do not need to use an optic. Either mount an EOTEC or some similar floating dot, or even an iron sight above or beside your scope.

I have made an enormous number of close shots simply by sighting along the edge of my barrel out to fifty yards.

I wouldn't even consider looking through the scope at 25yds unless I was shooting at rabbit size game.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts