Vortex pst 6x24x 50 mm fft scope...Help!

MObowhunter10

Alright guys, Ive been trying to order this scope for a month now, tried 4 different places and after I order one They send me an email that says its backordered until September...I cant have that, so can someone help me find this scope in stock somewhere? Or maybe another scope around that price range that would work good...thanks!!

Alright guys, Ive been trying to order this scope for a month now, tried 4 different places and after I order one They send me an email that says its backordered until September...I cant have that, so can someone help me find this scope in stock somewhere? Or maybe another scope around that price range that would work good...thanks!!
Get a hold of Vortex or try amazon.

Think about it. If you can't buy one anywhere, what does that really say?

Regarding Vortex. Now that I own one of their scopes, I am just not sure how much is "kool-aid" hype. Even if their customer service is superior, if the scope itself is basically on par with truly just "above average", is it worth the wait.

Yes I have a Viper. Yes it is okay. Comparing it with a 1/2 the price Nikon Primos scope! Can't even compare with the crisp clear clarity of the Nikon. Unfortunately I sold the Nikon to a friend so that I would buy the Viper. Yes I still have both as I am reload testing for friend with my former Nikon on his rifle. I show other people the two. Everyone.. Not just a few, but Everyone says hands down, the Nikon is 100% the winner, not even with a doubt.

Am I a Nikon promotor? Nope. I will look at other scopes like Leupold or Burris and maybe Nikon, but Vortex - most likely nope. Personally I think someone is feeding us kool-aid. I am "the little guy" advocate type of person and I just like the majority of people to get their hard earned money's worth. Maybe that is not realistic thinking.

Yes if I can recoup my money for the Viper, it is gone before hunting season. Like other new products, once the hype starts, there are few that will go against the majority. Is it an alright scope? Sure, but thats it.

So think about it. How can you sell a product one year before it is produced? Ask yourself that question a few times over. If a company throws out a lot of proganda and hype yet no product or limited product availability, something is just not right. We are intelligent people. We are not some blind sheep? Over a year and a half of seeing the same Vortex situation and people waiting 8 months to a year for a scope, it is pretty obvious, whether one wants to admit it or not. Someone is serving some Kool-Aid.

If I only knew now what I didn't when I bought it. I am big time disappointed. I have heard that the sightron 3 are very good glass... I just can't absorb $459.00 right now from the Viper purchase. Thanks

Guys, the glass in my 6-24 PST is really quite good--significantly better than that in the 6.5-20 Viper and the two 4-16 PST's I owned. Don't be down on the glass in the 6-24 PST unless you're actually looking through one as the others are not representative. I'm really picky about glass and am extremely happy with the 6-24 PST for the price as is virtually everybody else I've heard from who owns one.

The Sightrons are nice as well, especially with the new reticles/knobs, but if you want FFP they still don't have an offering.

get a hold of this guy in belle fouche SD he might have some in stock, just got my 4-16 from him. Tell him Zach and or Jacob gave you his number.

605-892-0630

338Winmag: You are not comparing the same scope. You seem to be talking about the Viper and not the Viper PST. I have a Viper PST 6-24X50 and I also have a Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14X50 to compare it to. At the same magnifications the Viper PST has better resolution. The Viper PST is also brighter. The older Viper (not the PST) is a less expensive scope and uses lesser glass. Of course there are other choices out there in the same range, but I have to say that the Viper PST is competitive with my Leupold. Having said that, there are some bargains to be found for Leupolds while they clean out their stock to get ready to release their new VX-6 line. You won't find a bargain on the Vortex scopes because they can't make them fast enough. You won't choose wrong as long as you stay in the PST price range (just under $1000) and don't try to drop too low. Again, the Leupolds are looking good at the much lower prices.

The classified section here is a wonderful thing... .

http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...4-16x50-ffp-viper-6-5-20x50-75333/#post528223

Honestly Lightwind you have a good point I did not see as regards to comparing apples to oranges.

I wrote a long sermon but then just deleted it. It is not that Vortex cannot make them fast enough. They don't have them made when everyone is putting in the order and reading the advertisements both on their sites and 3rd party vendor sites. It doesn't take 8 months to manufacture 3000 scopes. A company can get partial shipments from manufacturers anytime. With todays world economy crunch, arrangements can be made to do 100 scope shipments to satisfy a market demand. Being in manufacturing for almost 12 years and also owning a business, I KNOW this to be true.

Think about it. Companys and their people know what type of business practice they are promoting. The ole saying comes to mind. "Fool me once shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me". I only comment because I am a pro-people advocate and not pro-company advocate.

I drank the kool-aid once. I won't drink it again.

338 sorry your purchase didnt work out better for you.

I recently got the PST 6x24 as well and I am quite impressed. My NXS may be a bit better but you have to really look and I have to give it to Vortex for the overall layout of their scope. It is frustrating to have to wait I agree but mfg to order is becoming more and more the norm for products that are not in very large volume. The suppliers can decrease costs which I am sure is one reason that the Vortex scopes are at the price point they are at. I was actually going to go with Sightron and all of their new stuff was back ordered as well, so I asked for whichever scope came in first and ended up with the PST.

Hi RCdinaz. Nice Reply. Just out of curiosity, what will you be using your scope for. Hunting? If so, do you have any concerns with close 25 yard shots with that power scope. I might go look for one of these before this fall and try out. It sounds like the PSTs took a step up.

Also I humbly concur with your statement. "It is frustrating to have to wait I agree but mfg to order is becoming more and more the norm for products that are not in very large volume."

Times are changing and I need to accept more of these changes. Just not what it used to be. I appreciated your post.

Thanks

338: The PST does not do a great job, for me, of focusing at 25 yards. As far as parallax goes, there just isn't much that close. However, the sight picture is a little fuzzy for me at that range. If you can take a look through one at your dealer, check out the close range focus. It will probably be a little different for every scope and for every person.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.