Vortex PST 6-24X50?

SmokinCrow

Hey I'm new to this sight, and long range hunting and shooting. I'm getting into the sport, and I have a gun picked out. I've just ordered a Remington 700 Sender sf ii in 7mm Remington Mag. I do have some questions about optics. My Dad recently purchased the Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 in FFP. He doesn't have much experience with it yet, and I am in the market for a good quality optic in about the $1000 price range. I'm graduating college this semester so money is kind of my issue at the moment, but I feel I should be able to get quality optics for that price. Are Vortex Scopes any good? I know they've got one hell of a good warranty. I would appreciate any feedback on any of the Vortex scopes and other scopes around my price range.

My goals are also to shoot 1000 sub MOA at 1000 yards and be able to hunt big game out to that range after I have honed my skills to be able to place a shot at long on an animal.

I'd appreciate all the help, and I've enjoyed reading other discussions on the site.

I got the vortex 4 x16bx 50 pst on a 223 love it just got the 6x24x50 for a savage 338 lapua mag not on gun yet but got scope in hand and think it will be the cats ***.

$1,000 bucks ? A Sightron S3 has much better glass than a Vortex 6x24x50mm PST. Get your self a 6x24x50mm with MOA-2 reticule . However a Zeiss HD5 has even better for a grand. I'm awaiting shipment of a Zeiss HD5 in 5x25x50mm . It has 65 MOA adjustment. Designed and made in Germany . Its going on my long range boomer.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.