Vortex Fury 5000 w/ Applied Ballistics

lhp63190

Curious if anybody has tested the new Vortex Fury 5000 w/ AB? I did a search and everything came back on the original fury's w/o AB. I'm currently running a BR2 Rangefinder and Vortex Razor 10x42. Wondering if I can consolidate down to one piece of equipment here. I really wish they would have built this w/ a razor glass vs the viper glass, but I'm most curious about how the ballistic solutions work compared to the BR2.

Kevin Perry

Following. I have a set of the original fury binos without the AB. I am not a fan of vortex optics, but I wanted to try a capable set of rangefinding binos without spending $3k. I've only used them for one season, but I have been impressed with them, and the glass performs pretty darn well. They aren't Swaro's, and my leupold VX4 guide series have better glass, but so far I like having 2 pieces of kit become one.

I have a Fury on the way and want to compare with my BR2500. Not sure when the Fury will be delivered. I expect the AB to be the same and the optics to be better (binos vs mono, 10x vs 7x, etc), and unless something unexpected happens I will be using the Fury from here on out and selling the BR2500.

This thread seems to be the only real discussion of the Fury on LRH so far...

I have a Fury on the way and want to compare with my BR2500. Not sure when the Fury will be delivered. I expect the AB to be the same and the optics to be better (binos vs mono, 10x vs 7x, etc), and unless something unexpected happens I will be using the Fury from here on out and selling the BR2500.

This thread seems to be the only real discussion of the Fury on LRH so far...
Please keep us posted on your impressions of the new glass/rangefinder.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts