Vortex FFP Scopes

Hornhunter32

I want to buy a Vortex PST 6-24x50 but I'm not sure if I should get a FFP or SFP. Does anyone know if the reticle is too large on hight power for deer size animals @ 1k?

Thanks
Todd

I don't have any problems with the size of the cross hairs at long range on high power.If anything they are a little small on low power.I really like being able to hold over and range on any power and so far am happy with this scope

Which reticle are you looking to get? The FFP MRAD reticles are fine for my eyes but this topic is very subjective. You probably hear more complaints about them being a little too thin than too thick. These new reticles aren't the old style reticles that suffer with being too thick. They are very well designed IMO. You may find that they are too thin at the low powers and they may be too thin for dark conditions but then again that scope has illumination so that issue really goes away in my mind.

HTH,

Scot E.

I have the scope you are looking for in the classifieds, Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24x50 :) The cross hairs are great for deer size game at 1000 yards.

The line thickness on the FFP MRAD reticle at 1000 yards is 1.44", at the intersection double that to 2.88, plenty of room for precision.

The SFP is exactly half that measurement.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.