Vortex diamondback hp reviews

Went ahead on bought one! Cabelas had them on sale for$229. Nice scopes! Good clear glass and everything works well!

I got one recently and I think they are great for the money. Seem to have really good glass, side focus, and good power ranges. I got the 3-12 and the field of view does seem very small but isnt a big deal for me.

I have one on my venerable 308 Husky (40 years old and shoots lights out). I'm happy with it for the price. Shoots the box jut fine and the 3-12 is plenty good enough for 200 + yard shots.

I like it because it's light weight and the BDC reticle works for me.

Mine is in the mail. Figured at 229 and vip warranty can't go wrong.

Last time I was at Fin-Feather and Fur they has quite a few...

You get the SF or the AO?

I think personally, it's a great scope with very acceptable glass for the money and it ain't made in China (like the Razor is) either.

Mine is crystal clear with no edge abberations at max magnification. Only drawback is the 1" maintube but it's light. 30's and 35's are heavier.

Actually thinking of pulling the PST Viper on my Pierce 308 and putting on another Diamondback just for the 10 ounce weight loss. I loose the tactical adjustment knobs, so no dialing windage and elevation, but, the BDC reticle has holdovers etched into the glass anyway. It's a compromise but a nice weight savings.

I want as light as possible rifle. I'd like to get to 7 pounds loaded and I'll be close.

If I do, I'll sell the Viper on here.....lol

Its a SF. I'm not a fan of weight either and I really don't see the advantage of a 30mm over 1". I've been in the woods w/ my nikon omega (1" 40mm) on my muzzy could have easily shot a doe well after legal hunting hours. I mean I could not see her at about 40yds with the naked eye it was that dark.

I have a 1" tube Nikon on my front stuffer in camo to match the Accura V2. I don't shoot it much but it's nice to have up here to extend the season I shoot Thor's btw.

The older you get, the lighter you want....lol

I have a Nikon omega 3-9x40 on my optima pro and I've got to say, of all the scopes I own this one has the clearest glass of all of them. It's a true pleasure hunting with that gun every late season. After looking through my other scopes all season, vortex,bush elites, nikons, it's refreshing to look thru the omega. Maybe I just got a really good one, don't know, but it's so clear it's like the scope isn't there and my eye just zoomed in on the target.

Anyways, sorry back to the diamond back. It sounds like it has better glass than the vipers from the reviews I read

Hi all this is my first post here I've lurked her in the past but when I saw the diamondback HP post I had to chime in. I have a fixed and limited income so it to better part of 30 plus years I have wanted a better scope .i had a pre leoupold redfield from.'94 that was the only scope pm that held up,I had chea per bushnell and Simmons etc but they never held up ie the reticle breaking and once the other the other objective lens flew out of after a few shots ,so I kept the old Redfeild 3x9 on which had no eye relief the opfics sucked eye relief was perilously. Close the optics well they were lacking as well low light performance was no light .,For the longest time I thought I wanted a nikon prostaff 4x12 because it's claimed 98% light transmission and I was Seton getting it untill the salesman asked if I jad looked at the Ch ortex diamond back which I had looked through before and I wasnt interested in it but then he said they had the new HP line,so I half heartedly looked through the scope all I could say was wow !!!Being that I am on a fixed income I had to save sell to get this scope on layaway and on my birthday my sone surprised me and paid off my remaining balance I owed on this scope ,I have since mounted and put over 50 rounds of full loads ammo through and the extra eye relief is great ,the brightness and clarity is amazing.
Well thank you for letting me ramble I think I am intimidated by the higher quality rigs most of the members of this forum have,all lights I have is a Ruger M77 in 270 win and my trusty remington 700 in 300 Weatherby all stock other than me free floating the barrels, aucuglassing from the actions to the recoil lugs and lapping the scope rings as that's all I can really afford to do.Thanks for having enough and I can't wait to starting reading more into the foruma.

I think the 4-12 Vortex HP is a great hunting scope. My local gun shop has it for $199.00. I almost bought it for a 7mm Rem mag Savage, but being its range rifle, for the 1500 yard plate at my local range, I went with a Fixed 10x Bushnell Elite. For hunting I think the Vortex 4-12 with the BDC reticle would be perfect....

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.