Vortex binoculars, Razor HD or Viper HD?

dbar

Tring to decide between the Razor or Viper. Big price difference and looking for some feedback on value.

Went through same drill compared a ton of them as objectively as I could. Owned Vipers thought about wanting Razor priced glass.

Recap below. Hope it helps.

BL buy the best you can afford. Glass is very marginal increase in quality for price but once you start looking through "better" glass you see the difference. For reference I own ELs now and they are really good. No where near 5x better than vipers.

10x50 Viper HDs are one of the best values (price/quality)-- the Razors not so much.

I did a side by side at the Outdoorsmans in AZ with ELs, SLCs, Leica, Zeiss and the Razors. Ended up with EL10s and then stepped up to EL12s and haven't looked back.

IMO the Vipers are where my buck would stop unless you are ready to get Swaro or comparable.

I went with 12x50 Razors. I only had budget for Vipers, but found a smokin deal on some used Razors. Keep your eyes out for the best glass you can find to fit within your budget.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.