Vortex AMG parallax issue

Westernhuntr

I just got my new AMG a few weeks ago, right off the bat I had issues getting it to focus well at all ranges.
I spent a lot of time playing with the diopter.

Today I turned the parallax knob and it had a sort of rough almost grinding feel.
It won't focus at any range now, I'm super frustrated..

Before I send it back does anyone have any input, mostly I'm curious if others have experienced a rough parallax knob?

I would describe it as somewhat stiff - but when rotated throughout the range there certainly was not any grinding or rough patch. Have not had any parallax issues with this scope.

Compared it to a NIB VX6HD-- felt about the same- stiff but rotated without any 'textured' feeling.

Compared it to a March-- which feels like and moves more fluidly than the other two by far.

I would describe it as somewhat stiff - but when rotated throughout the range there certainly was not any grinding or rough patch. Have not had any parallax issues with this scope.

Compared it to a NIB VX6HD-- felt about the same- stiff but rotated without any 'textured' feeling.

Compared it to a March-- which feels like and moves more fluidly than the other two by far.
Thanks
I compared it to my mk5 and there's definitely something wrong with my AMG, the knob feels like it's spinning free for a 1/4 of the way, then it catches and feels like it's grinding for sure.
This sucks I'm trying to develop loads and get ready for spring bear season, pretty disappointing start with this scope

Hate to hear that!!! On the bright side-- I've used Vortex warranty twice... both times on binos... both times my fault and there were FAST in the repair and return.

I sent back an AMG for the same reason. It started with the grinding as you described and then it completely failed. I sent it to Vortex for repair and it was in back my hands problem free within 10 days.

Mine never failed but it started to feel like it wanted to bind up. Almost like there was a small piece of sand or something in there. Customer service was great as usual. Had it back and fixed in a little over a week

I had a similar problem with parallax and called and they paid shipping to and from and confirmed that there was an issue and repaired it. Had it back in my hands in 10 days....

I just got my new AMG a few weeks ago, right off the bat I had issues getting it to focus well at all ranges.
I spent a lot of time playing with the diopter.

Today I turned the parallax knob and it had a sort of rough almost grinding feel.
It won't focus at any range now, I'm super frustrated..

Before I send it back does anyone have any input, mostly I'm curious if others have experienced a rough parallax knob?
This is a very common problem with the AMG. They supposedly have updated internals to fix the issue.

I guess I should post an update.
Vortex did a great job getting the issue fixed and the scope was back in a week.
They replaced the parallax internals and went through everything to make sure it was good.
They were very responsive and sent me an overnight return label immediately.

I guess I should post an update.
Vortex did a great job getting the issue fixed and the scope was back in a week.
They replaced the parallax internals and went through everything to make sure it was good.
They were very responsive and sent me an overnight return label immediately.
Wow, that is pretty fast ! Good to know you are covered.

Hate to hear that, really interested in one of these for a hunting scope. How do you like it otherwise and or after repair?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.