Vortex 20-60x80 ED

LT, I have the 20 - 60 x 80 Skyline ED angled. I love it. It is a great scope. if you are looking to get the the straight, I think Doug at cameralandny.com has them for around $450.00. I payed that for mine used. The glass is clear and sharp. I have a buddy that has a Swarovski 20 - 60 x 80 HD and while there is a difference, it is very slight. Not worth $2500.00. I was shocked and he was dismayed when we set them side by side one evening scouting for Muleys. If you have the extra coin, the new Voretex Viper that is replacing the Skyline will be an even better bang for your buck. Stores around here could barely keep the Skylines in. I'll bet the Vipers with HD glass will be harder to find. Would, I buy the Skyline again? Without Hesitation.

If you have any questions, PM me and I will be happy to answer them for you.

Thanks for the info. My old spotter is 20+ years old and time for a new one. I saw that cameraland sale and it looked good to me just wanted some info before I bought. I remember last year at the sportsmans warehouse in Anchorage the guy told me these were the best scopes they sold but could not keep them in stock. They wanted prepay of $799 and put my name on a list to get one. I decided to wait for a sale and found one.

LT, they are a bigger scope. If you are packing them you may want to consider this. If they are for the range and not being backpacked in a long ways then it is not really an issue. For me, I buy my glass to look through and kind of have that mentality so it doesn't really matter either way. The nice thing about the skyline is it has a specific camera adapter for digiscoping. I think if you buy the scope from Doug he will sell it with the scope for a discounted price. In either case this has been fun to have. I have a little Samsung point and shoot camera that takes great pictures and video through my scope. Last summer I took some video of 700 and 1000 yard gong shooting. I also took some pictures and video of deer while scouting. It's nice to have the pictures as reference when you are scouting a lot of different areas. That way you can go back through them and evaluate where you want to spend more time looking.

Got it in yesterday, amazing glass for the money. Me and my son were testing it at all ranges and I spotted a deer 6 miles away walking through some cedars. Clarity is exceptional for glass in this price range. To check the clarity we focused on a spruce tree at about 200 yards and could inspect each little needle and determine any defects on it. A small bug walked between the needles and was crystal clear. Could even see definition on the little bug at 200 yards. The bug was about half the size of a ladybug. I think I will keep it. My son hooked up the camera adapter and got some fantastic telephoto pictures.

LT, I am glad you like it. You will appreciate it even more the more you use it. These scopes are sure fun to have at the range.

How well does it resolve bullet holes on targets at 500 yds and beyond in good conditions?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.