Vorn Equipment backpacks?

I've got my son using one currently at prs style matches, it's pretty **** versatile. As advertised with the rifle attachment method, handles in the right locations. Not enough miles on it to fully endorse it yet

Had mine in the field a few times - still impressed with the design, material durability and comfort. and - as always - the rifle carry/quick release is fantastic for keeping your hands fully available for climbing. No rifle slipping on a strap - and banging around.
I did some rigging - so that I now have my Badlands bino case attached via quick release buckles - and it sits high on my chest. Exactly where I want it, and available for for quick glassing.
I will try to post some pics showing what I did.

I ordered one that should be here in a couple days. I bought the small version that can be used as a day pack or removed from the frame and attached to a larger pack.

@graywolf - I think you will be impressed with Vorn's engineering, and use of materials. And - it is comfortable to carry.
I bought the middle sized one. A very solidly built pack .

Not a bad pack, the quick release rifle system seemed to work well. Carried a load ok, but the only time I don't have a rifle in my hands when hunting is after dark or on a big climb out when two hands needed for safety.
It's hard finding the 'perfect' all round pack, it's why I have a few and select the best for each application

Not a bad pack, the quick release rifle system seemed to work well. Carried a load ok, but the only time I don't have a rifle in my hands when hunting is after dark or on a big climb out when two hands needed for safety.
It's hard finding the 'perfect' all round pack, it's why I have a few and select the best for each application

AND...I think that is exactly why I like it. Hands free for climbing. Look - nothing can beat having your rifle in your hands for a "quick draw" shoot....But - honestly, I find the rifle release on the Vorn pack faster than a rifle slung across my back. I would recommend tho - that you need to have good shoulder mobility to take best advantage of this feature. If you have stiff, weak, or injured shoulders that have some limit on the range of motion - you may not be as successful with the Vorn pack.

Which model of the 3 are you using? The largest one is a good day pack.....maybe even a 2 day. But it is design with a specific set of priorities that are different from the packs you mention.
Fast draw and fire from the Vorn packs is un matched.

Middle sized one-forgot the size. Rifle release system works great. As quick as Kifaru, but without the barrel end sticking in your face-much as I like Kifaru gear, that aspect drives me nuts. Pack is good for carrying lunch, rain gear, tools, etc, but you aren't going to pack an elk quarter with one. I use it often, but not for true wilderness hunts.

Yeah...me too. I like the mid size for a light fast day pack. The larger one may be good for an overnite. But I don't think Vorn had long range deep country...multi day meat hunts in mind. If you take a UTV into a point that you jump out then trek by foot....good pack. But not for hauling out meat on the pack.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.