VLDs Don’t Fit in Ammo Case

Seating depth test as recommended by Berger for the VLDs. I chose the depths if I'm loading a hunting rifle.

STW's like jump, 3.625 is the sweet spot 99% of the time....................... Say's an "Average " guy

Go to Harber freight buy you a small hard case similar to the pelican case and make your own holder on a drill press. Just like the guys that shoot Cheytac's do.

I am sorry Magnumaniac I dn't have a part number. MTM must have them listed on a online catalog so you could get a part number.

ere
Me too, this the largest/tallest MTM 50 round box you can get. My 338-416 Rigby Improved with my 323g CNC turned solid do not fit it. Have to carry them loose in a bag.
My 416 Rigby rounds fit it without drama and so did my 505 Gibbs rounds, it's only the VLD rounds that have trouble.
Although the 285gr VLD just fit in the H-50 XL in the 338-416 Rigby Improved.
The 505 runs 3.840-3.90 depending on bullet used and the 416 Rigby runs right on 3.750, both fit with ample room in the H-50 XL, but VLD bullets are too long at 4.20"
I really haven't found a box suitable other than custom CNC turned one's but they're just too expensive.
If anyone hears of anything suitable, let us all know.

Cheers.
Have you tried with the bullet down?

MTM H-50 XL.JPG

Feenix that must of been the MTM case I got but I was pretty sure my 4.008 cases fit standing up. Maybe they are shorter I know they slide up and down in the case could be they are 3.950 though. That a clear blue case with hinged lid and latch right.

Feenix, that's the boxes I have, which my 338-416 Rigby do not fit.
I just realised I quoted the CBTO length, I haven't measured the COL since I milled up a delrin insert to make the rifle a single shot.
Lid will not close with bullet tips down and definitely not up.

Cheers.

Feenix that must of been the MTM case I got but I was pretty sure my 4.008 cases fit standing up. Maybe they are shorter I know they slide up and down in the case could be they are 3.950 though. That a clear blue case with hinged lid and latch right.
Feenix, that's the boxes I have, which my 338-416 Rigby do not fit.
I just realised I quoted the CBTO length, I haven't measured the COL since I milled up a delrin insert to make the rifle a single shot.
Lid will not close with bullet tips down and definitely not up.

Cheers.
Copy that! I was curious as to why there's different COAL claim. I thought maybe there's something in the design preventing it from being stored deeper when the bullet is up (my preference).