VISA Bill Arrived - Mule Deer CO Tag - Wife WHATTT??

Discussion in 'How To Hunt Big Game' started by Muddyboots, Jul 11, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. skipglo

skipglo Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

You need 10 in Kentucky to get 80 lbs of useable meat.....

joseph singleton likes this.
  2. Orange Dust

Orange Dust Well-Known Member

My wife used to get new shoes every time I came home with a new toy. Now she has graduated to high priced purses. Seems like everything I buy ends up costing double, so I figure that in up front when I want something new. I don't get as many new toys, but life is good at home.

30378wbymag and Huggy like this.
  3. kolob10

kolob10 Active Member

I remember my first mule deer tag in Wyoming many years ago. While on the trip, I took a day, drove to a local native American jewelry shop. There I purchased a beautiful set of silver and turquoise earrings for my wife. After I told her about my hunt (which held very little interest to her), I pulled the gift wrapped jewelry out of my pack. The next year, she looked forward to my next hunt trip and of course her "surprise" gift. These days I hunt and she takes the grandkids on cruises. Maybe the grandkids should go on hunts with me.

30378wbymag and Huggy like this.
  4. 257WTBY

257WTBY Well-Known Member

Caveat this by saying been married for 26 years. When we got married we have never ever had a joint account. She has her checking and savings and I have mine. I dont know if she has 5 or 50K in hers same with mine. I am on her accounts and her on mine in the event of emergency but neither have ever touched the others accounts. She has her hobbies, I hunt. She tired hunting and shot a nice WT buck she must have cried for an hour. She doesnt have the heart to shoot animals. She will go to the range with me anytime and shoot her rifles for hours. She wants a new car she pays for it I want a new truck I pay for it. Its worked for us and oh btw we don't have joint credit cards either (a lot less explaining to do that way haha). Good luck hope you get a monster...

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

And THAT, Folks, is how Muddyboots ended up in Intensive Care.
    He is expected to recover fully but cannot hunt in a full-body cast for the foreseeable future.
    I think someone started up a GoFundMe account to help buy him a Man-Sized Dog House in the back yard and a new closet filled with shoes for his (almost) ex-wife.
    The All-Female Jury refused to indict Mrs. Muddyboots and all charges have been dropped by the local All-Female District Attorney's office either.
    Let us have a moment of silence for Muddyboots.
    (PS, do I smell melting plastic?!?)
    LMAO!!!
    All kidding aside, good luck on your hunt, Pardner.
    Don't be surprised to see some Female-Induced home improvements when you get home from your hunt, Brother. Just bite your tongue and roll with it.
    Ain't married life just GRAND?!? Bwhahahahaha!!!

30378wbymag and joseph singleton like this.
  6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!
    It's like when the Wimmen Folk come home, arms laden with MANY bags of female FooFoo goodies, and hear them exclaim "Honey, I SAVED almost $500.00 today!!"
    All WE see is that they SPENT $650.00, so that Common Core Math stuff doesn't seem to FEEL like they "SAVED" any money at ALL!!!
    LMAO
    But they are all Purty soft and squishy and stink Purty and like us MOST of the time, so whatchya gonna do, eh?!?
    LOL

30378wbymag and joseph singleton like this.
  7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ah, SO!
    The power of a Prenuptial, eh? LOL

skipglo likes this.
  8. joseph singleton

joseph singleton Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

:p Didn't know you needed 4-5 shots with a 338 laupa 2 bring ur deer down,,,,,all in fun bro....:)

tmmcampbell and skipglo like this.
  9. jshepherd61

jshepherd61 Well-Known Member

Lol congrats, where you hunting? I’m hunting Unit 55 for both muley and elk. If you need any info contact me I live in CO and hunt every year!

10. DANIEL ARNDT

DANIEL ARNDT Member

The meat in the US is steroud-free.

11. jasonco

jasonco Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

This is about the most polite way I can this, on this site, without just saying it.
    MAN UP

12. John@redmt

[email protected] Well-Known Member

46 years of marriage and she doesn't care where I go as long as I go.

Doublezranch, Huggy, skipglo and 3 others like this.
  13. Ed Hamlin

Ed Hamlin Member

I think most wives, mine included can understand the cost benefit if you have a successful harvest. You get healthy organic naturally fed animals, whether Elk, Deer, Pigs, Goats etc..... Some with even jump on the chance to go hunting, albeit that percentage is not very high.

I think about good organic grass fed, free range meat runs about $10-15 per pound depending on the store you buy from. Typical yield is about 45% on small deer, 150 lbs or less field dressed. Larger deer, elk, caribou and yield about 55% percent and most will yield close to 60%. Pigs and Goats typically yield above 70%. Average muley weight is 190 lbs. so you end up with approximately 80 lbs of meet times retail cost is about $900.00 for that organic meat. since you are paying $400 to harvest a muley, your price per pound is $5.00/lb. They also have to understand it a lot of work to hunt, albeit to them it may seem like there is a lot of pleasure to hunting, there is and that what makes the work of harvesting organic food worth it. Overall the cost benefit seems pretty reasonable to me and my wife agrees the healthy meat is a better choice.

Typically I do tell my wife she can go and spend a couple hundred on what she wants. Albeit since she shoots all my firearms, she doesn't get any spending money when we buy something new.

joseph singleton likes this.
  14. Bucklowery

Bucklowery Well-Known Member

Yea it is like it was on sale

Thanks

Buck