VISA Bill Arrived - Mule Deer CO Tag - Wife WHATTT??

So the VISA arrives today and my wife very rarely looks at it but she happened to glance at it and saw the CO charge of $396.75 for Mule deer license. WTH! I had told her how lucky I was to get drawn for the tag few weeks ago but failed to mentioned the $$$$. I guess I have failed over the years to impress my wife with the value of CO tags. She stated " I thought you were lucky to draw a tag!" Translation: I though it was free! I then went on to explain the cost of an elk tag was always encapsulated in the guided hunts so you wouldn't have seen the actually cost. I then went on to explain the elk bull tag is $661.75. Which by now my wife is sitting there scratching her head on how much these hunts cost even DIY. I finished the discussion off by saying the elk tag is correctly priced because an elk to twice the size of a mule deer and this is a very cheap hunt since I didn't buy a new rifle.

So how do you think I did?

Show her much a sheep hunt costs.

First wife said I could hunt, but only locally......divorced in 1st year!
Second wife said I could hunt deer in neighboring state and made me feel guilty about doing it, but no where else.....divorced in 3rd year!
Third wife said I could go wherever I wanted, even guided, as long as she could go on her own trips too.......15yrs of marriage now and still going strong!

So the VISA arrives today and my wife very rarely looks at it but she happened to glance at it and saw the CO charge of $396.75 for Mule deer license. WTH! I had told her how lucky I was to get drawn for the tag few weeks ago but failed to mentioned the $$$$. I guess I have failed over the years to impress my wife with the value of CO tags. She stated " I thought you were lucky to draw a tag!" Translation: I though it was free! I then went on to explain the cost of an elk tag was always encapsulated in the guided hunts so you wouldn't have seen the actually cost. I then went on to explain the elk bull tag is $661.75. Which by now my wife is sitting there scratching her head on how much these hunts cost even DIY. I finished the discussion off by saying the elk tag is correctly priced because an elk to twice the size of a mule deer and this is a very cheap hunt since I didn't buy a new rifle.

**** am I glad to see that finally, something is Cheaper in Canada than the U.S.! My Alberta tags are for Muley and Bull Elk are 38.00. Now I can tell MY WIFE... I'm buying another rifle and I'm going to tell her MUDDYBOOTS said so

When I first met my wife, I built her a rifle and taught her how to shoot it. I applied for tags and she shot her own deer. She saw the passion, the excitement, the beautiful scenery. Once the Z's were born she quit hunting but never lost sight of all the different cool things she experienced. She has been completely on board with the tags every year because she has been there and understands it's not the $700 for just the tag. It's $700 for the experience, memories, table fare, and the life you get to experience wherever your going. There's so much more than just the tag. That is very difficult to explain if you've never experienced it.
Awesome,my wife is beside me,wished I could get her to hunt.....

take her to a nice dinner with flowers

First wife said I could hunt, but only locally......divorced in 1st year!
Second wife said I could hunt deer in neighboring state and made me feel guilty about doing it, but no where else.....divorced in 3rd year!
Third wife said I could go wherever I wanted, even guided, as long as she could go on her own trips too.......15yrs of marriage now and still going strong!
I didn't ask the first three....but I explained to my fourth...each one of the first three complained about hunting...so I asked her how long she'd like to stay and how she felt about hunting!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts