viper PST vs viper

skuna

Looking for some insight from those who have experience with both, as I have no experience with either.

What are the significant differences to justify the difference in price?

I have 2 6.5-20 50mm Vipers w/ target dot reticle. I do not own a PST yet, but most likely will in a couple months time. I got the regular vipers at a killer price and have been happy with them. They aren't as clear as my 6-18x50 1" tubed swaro it replaced, but close. At dusk, dawn and shooting into light, the Swaro is in a completely different class. I do prefer running a balistics calculator and turrents over the TDS reticle. I don't expect the PST to be on par with the Swaro for dusk/dawn, but hope its an improvement over my regular vipers.

got a buddy with a swarvo so I know they are very clear, especially early and late. How would you compare the Viper to a varix II or III or vx 3 Leupold?

i have done a fair amount of shooting with my viper 6.5-20x44mm next to the vx-iii and vx-3 and i have had multiple people tell me its just as clear if not more clear then both!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.