Viper PST Turrets

MHO

Anyone used any of the custom turrets from Vortex. If so how accurate were they? Just bought the 6-24x50 PST and I am kicking around getting a couple turrets. Thanks for your input.

Not to sound rude but the turret will only be as good as the data you give them to build it off of. Changes in conditions are going to change the data. Maybe not a lot but how well you like them is going to depend on how much error you can live with. Also you are going to be locked into a particular load with that turret so keep that in mind.

RFT,
Thanks for the thread. That was reassuring. Rino, I didnt think it was rude, but thats the whole point. Great data and locked into a particular load. I just don't want to mess with calculations in a hunting scenario. Target shooting is fine, but a couple of seconds hunting and that can mean the difference from a good shot to him walking.

I guess I think a little different. I'd rather take the second and run the calcs than be guessing how far off my turret is from the current conditions. If the target walks then oh well at least I didn't let go without being sure of the shot. I'm just afraid I'd be tempted to trust the turret when I'd be better off checking things out. They certainly are a cool option though and with enough shooting maybe having the calibrated turret wouldn't be so bad. I'd be fibbing if I said I hadn't thought about giving them a try once or twice.

Last edited:
RFT,
Thanks for the thread. That was reassuring. Rino, I didnt think it was rude, but thats the whole point. Great data and locked into a particular load. I just don't want to mess with calculations in a hunting scenario. Target shooting is fine, but a couple of seconds hunting and that can mean the difference from a good shot to him walking.
Im with you on this. Most hunting situations that I encounter you only get a short time to range and fire. With the right range finder, scope combo you could get off a good shot faster. The key would be to practice real hunting situations rather then shoot off a bench.jmo I like the idea Vortex and other has come up with. Range adjust and shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.