Viper PST 2.5-10 vs. SHV 3-10

ljunkin94

I'm looking for some insight on these 2 scopes. Anybody have experience with both that can give me a comparison on overall quality, performance, and which is the better scope for the money? I realize the PST is about $200 cheaper. Is the SHV worth the extra money? Also do these scopes track well or is it better to count on the reticle in a hunting situation? Thanks.

I'm looking for some insight on these 2 scopes. Anybody have experience with both that can give me a comparison on overall quality, performance, and which is the better scope for the money? I realize the PST is about $200 cheaper. Is the SHV worth the extra money? Also do these scopes track well or is it better to count on the reticle in a hunting situation? Thanks.

Well if you want to turn a turret and have it return to zero I suggest a nightforce. If you want a scope that you can't tighten past 17 inch pounds on the rings or it will never track right buy the vortex.

I have the PST 2.5-10, 4-16, and 6-24. I also have a Nightforce NXT 5.5-22. The glass on the Nightforce is better. The PST's track reliably. Never had a problem with them.

I also have the PST 2.5-10 that is on a bolt gun and I use my turrets all the time. Never had a problem going back to zero. Have a night force NXS 56mm also that I am very happy with. If money is not an issue I would go for the Nightforce simply because I think they are a better scope and will stand the test of time.

Glad you asked this question. I'm also in the market for theses two scope also thinking the Nikon 2.5-10. Would save me a bit of money and should do more than my 300 blk can. Any thoughts

Thanks for the input everyone. I have a PST 4-16 myself. I'm familiar with it but I dont know anybody with an shv. The nxs are great scopes so that's why I was curious about the SHV. I would think the Nikon would do well on your 300 blk. IV never had trouble with my nikons.

Thanks that is the way I am leaning as the I have had no previous issues. Especially with that round not sure I would gain much with my distance being limited. I would go with the shv if I were you seems to be all night force just limited options compared to the the higher end.

Yeah that's what I'm hearing. It's for a .25-06 that I mostly use in the woods with some field use also. I wouldn't mind more power but the higher power scopes are more bulky and heavier.

No question about which one in my mind. Look through both in the upper range of magnification and I am sure the choice will be easily evident...NF.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.