Vinyl is back!

YZ-80

Probably not news but today is my son's 14th birthday and he's listening to an album I did when I was 14. Think about it - vinyl pretty much went away in 1986 but I still remember using cassette tapes in my Boom Box until 1991. Anyway, my kid is really into it and has some real classics. We have a basic turntable at the house but we are thinking about brining back the Hi-Fi at YZ's House! I have an old Onkyo receiver and I'm probably going to get a better turntable and some speakers soon. Tonight we were at Best Buy getting some stuff and the clerk said he can't keep turntables in stock. I'm looking forward to reliving this era of my youth with my son!

5A9AC49E-C17D-44E2-BF13-EC70E23E0C4A.jpeg

2 of my sons are into vinyl. Years ago I gave the middle son, now 34, my collection. Kinda regret it now lol. Lots of 70's classic rock. Ps I had a yz back in the day as we like to say. I hear the new 30mm vinyl is the shiznit.

Still have my old Bang & Olufsen turntable; they pretty much make designer furniture now which they call speakers, but back in the day...and my granddaughter is fascinated by vinyl too. There's hope yet; vinyl records, more young people shooting recurves and longbows, more interested in hunting to eat and game cookery, at least in my neck of the woods.

Inherited my father in laws pioneer stacked cd/cassette/ turntable and really got back into my dads old vinyl. Not exactly rock, but Ed Bruce, Mac Davis, old Chris Ledoux and all the Hanks. Man, throw in some Red Stegall and I can kill a party fast!

Inherited my father in laws pioneer stacked cd/cassette/ turntable and really got back into my dads old vinyl. Not exactly rock, but Ed Bruce, Mac Davis, old Chris Ledoux and all the Hanks. Man, throw in some Red Stegall and I can kill a party fast!
Big fan of Red Stegall, but where you gonna get the Lone Star Beer in Idaho?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.