Vintage Factory Ammo

Takem406

Is there any value in boxes of old factory ammo? Grandpa passed a few years ago and left me a 270 Weatherby made in 1960. And my dad found eight boxes of factory ammo. Just trying to figure out if I can sell it for a good dime, or just shoot it. Is there a way to determine age from a lot number?

Attachments

• Weatherby ammo.jpg
    Weatherby ammo.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 63
406, bought three boxes from a going out of business shop like those and pulled the bullets, dumped the powder, punched the primers and reloaded for my .270 Wby. The boxes should have some collector value. Check E-Bay for vintage ammo or ammo boxes.

Is there any value in boxes of old factory ammo? Grandpa passed a few years ago and left me a 270 Weatherby made in 1960. And my dad found eight boxes of factory ammo. Just trying to figure out if I can sell it for a good dime, or just shoot it. Is there a way to determine age from a lot number?

We are still shooting WW2 ammo with no problems, so I see nothing wrong with shooting ammo that old.

If you have the rifle I would try one box of it and then decide. The new ammo and/or brass is pricy
and you have a good supply if it works good. (The older Weatherby was very good ammo and most of it was loaded by Norma).

It will only have value to a collector and that may still may not be worth what the new ammo cost. ($60.00 to $80.00
dollars a box).

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts