VIDEO - LRP Mountain Shooting with the G7 BR2 Rangefinder

I have had mine for about six months and have worked with it in non hunting shooting. It works great and matches the outputs using all the devises I have been using for a few years, rangefinder, calculator, weather station etc. looking forward to trying it out this coming season in Wyoming and Alberta hunting for deer and antelope.

That's too bad. There's a big, metric market out there......
If this is the only of it's kind, then there's a huge metric market to tap into.

I'll just have to make due till the metric version is issued.

+1 for a MIL version! I would buy one in a heart beat!

Even though I have gotten rid of most of my MOA scopes I am tempted to buy a new on just so I can try the BR2. I love the concept!

Scot E.

Broz, which wind meter would you use with this. I'm going to be ordering this within a week and want to get everything set up.

Broz, which wind meter would you use with this. I'm going to be ordering this within a week and want to get everything set up.

After testing some less expensve models I use and recommend a Kestrel. I use the 3500 but if all you desire is wind readings, Kestrel probably makes a lesser unit that would work for you. If you want a unit with temp, baro, wind,humidity andall that is needed to supply a ballistic program then go with the 3500.

Jeff

PS: it seems Len and I were both answering this question at almost the same time. So I want to add I have never tested the unit he is recommending from his store, and was not referring to it. But there are some units out there with a low price that aren't worth the plactic they are made from.

Best of the West distributed a Huskemaw wind, temperature meter which is Swiss make and is superb. It costs about$75. I also like and use the Kestral 35 which is excellent but more$$$.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.