Video - Andy Backus explains his personal Sitka Whitetail Hunting Clothing System

Andy Backus

Field Editor
Staff member

Sitka has lots of great pieces for whitetail hunting which can be a bit confusing. This is the system that has worked well for me whitetail hunting in my home state of Wisconsin.

Buy Sitka Gear clothing at The Long Range Hunting Store - HERE. Be sure and check out our Sitka package deals.

We're happy to answer questions and help you select the perfect system for your next hunt.

Sitka has lots of great pieces for whitetail hunting which can be a bit confusing. This is the system that has worked well for me whitetail hunting in my home state of Wisconsin.

Buy Sitka Gear clothing at The Long Range Hunting Store - HERE. Be sure and check out our Sitka package deals.

We're happy to answer questions and help you select the perfect system for your next hunt.

Andy, what system would you recommend for western Oregon Elk hunting. We hike up and down steep canyons in pouring down rain. It can be very warm, 50 degrees +. I need a light system where I won't sweat but completely waterproof? Thanks.

Andy, what system would you recommend for western Oregon Elk hunting. We hike up and down steep canyons in pouring down rain. It can be very warm, 50 degrees +. I need a light system where I won't sweat but completely waterproof? Thanks.

You could do either the Subalpine or Open Country camo.

I would suggest:
Sitka Core Lightweight Crew LS
Sitka Ascent Pants
Sitka Cloudburst Jacket
Sitka Cloudburst Pant

If you want to add an insulation layer to go over your shirt and under your rain shell one of these vests would work well.
Sitka Mountain Vest
Sitka Kelvin Lite Vest

You could do either the Subalpine or Open Country camo.

I would suggest:
Sitka Core Lightweight Crew LS
Sitka Ascent Pants
Sitka Cloudburst Jacket
Sitka Cloudburst Pant

If you want to add an insulation layer to go over your shirt and under your rain shell one of these vests would work well.
Sitka Mountain Vest
Sitka Kelvin Lite Vest

Which Sitka, completely waterproof outer shell jacket and pant are the least insulated so I can controll layering underneath? Thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts