*VIDEO* 550 Yard shot with 230 Berger.

Huntnful

This was my buddy's buck on our hunt. He opted to use my gun for this 550 yard shot. Buck never got out of his bed. The jacket of the bullet was sitting in the hide in the offside armpit. So no exit on this one.

3BD4FF6A-AC8E-4AAD-A236-8CA16ED7F254.jpeg

F7BAFDC2-40D8-4B6C-8D22-3E9C50F54CC3.jpeg

This was my buddy's buck on our hunt. He opted to use my gun for this 550 yard shot. Buck never got out of his bed. The jacket of the bullet was sitting in the hide in the offside armpit. So no exit on this one.

View attachment 399076
View attachment 399077

Hard to argue with the results but that core/jacket separation makes me nervous.

Congrats to your buddy.

Hahaha, I use one week for family vacation and 5 weeks for hunting 🤘
Great shot, by the way. You and your buds have had a heck of a year already, and it's still early. Still haven't gotten over the jealousy of your double elk in the rut experience, lol. By the way, can I get you on a Zoom call with my boss (wife) in reference to the above information. I think it's vitally important, perspective-wise. :D

Hard to argue with the results but that core/jacket separation makes me nervous.

Congrats to your buddy.
Yeah I hear you, but I've somewhat overcame that thought with the bergers. They just kill stuff so dead. But I do like my exit holes too lol.

Great shot, by the way. You and your buds have had a heck of a year already, and it's still early. Still haven't gotten over the jealousy of your double elk in the rut experience, lol. By the way, can I get you on a Zoom call with my boss (wife) in reference to the above information. I think it's vitally important, perspective-wise. :D
Hahahaha, put me on! I'll lay down the law for her and slowly back away and let you handle the aftermath 😅

Recent Posts