Vibrator cleaner for brass

sunshinegirl

My Frankford arsenal cleaner burned the motor out, so I need a new one. You guys have any recommendation. Rachel

I found a local gun shop with several bags of 300 Ultra for $60 a bag in Mesa AZ. Is this a decent price?

I use a Lyman 600 tumbler which works fine (a little small but have been using it for about 13 years or so) but the 1200 looks to me like it would work good.

Midway had 300RUM nosler 50ct for 61 bucks (no backorder) and Rem 100ct for 85 bucks

Looks like the nosler brass is hard to come by since powder valley is out of stock too (used to be 56 per 50). and Sinclair doesn't have any either.

I have two vibrating case cleaners. I've had both for around 15 years one is a Lyman and the other is a vibrashine made by Leaf River. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase either. The Lyman probably received harsher treatment, due to fact that I use to moly coat bullets in it. A load of steel BB's and bullets had to be tough on that little motor, but it never quit.

All of the previously mentioned tumblers are good but... don't forget thumler's vibratory tumbler. Quiet as a mouse (even with the lid off) and works like a dream. No movement on my bench at all. Left some range brass on all night accidentally and thought for sure the thing wound have vibrated off the bench. Nope, right where I left it!!! Threw away the brass though. Cabelas has them for about 125$ i think. More expensive, but worth the peace of mind.

A guy I know contacted them when his quit working and they replaced the motor for free. Also, check those two spade contacts near the motor, the wires break there occasionally and can be fixed real easy yourself.

I sent them an email right after it quit. I had soldered the wires about 3 times, but this last time a coil winding burnt apart deep along the motor side. Haven't heard a word from them.....

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.