Vibrating or Rotary Tumbler

If you're still looking for the pluses and the minuses, add in that the stainless-steel wet tumbling does ding up (pean) the case mouth edges a bit. Just have to address it with a close inspection for very tiny burrs hanging over to the inside of the case. They can grip on a bullet a little more, possibly increasing release pressure (likely a small influence, but if you're goal is consistency...).

I prefer wet tumbling. It cleans the inside of the cases and the primer pocket much better. My brass comes out looking beautiful! I built my own tumbler out of 80/20 and an old treadmill.

Ill try the rice,probably cheaper than buying more corncob.
I like the idea of cleaner primer pockets, but not the ding of the mouth with the SS pins

Primal Rights has a great article on their website with links to the rice and the reasons to use it.

I have both. The newest is a Frankford Arsenal rotary tumbler. I use walnut media and it seems to do a much better job than the vibrating tumbler in a shorter amount of time.

Primal Rights has a great article on their website with links to the rice and the reasons to use it.

Interesting read. Cheap experiment too. Thanks for the info.

Recent Posts