VFG wool cleaning pellets?

cowboy

Does anyone have any experience using the VFG wool cleaning pellets in lieu of the old standard cotton patches?

I go through patches like a mad Jesus chasing a sinner while cleaning my rifles and came across a guy that swears these wool pellets are the way to go. I tried as many searches as I can think of and the only comments I can find are off the Brownells site who seems to be the major supplier of them.

Don't need to spend money on a new mouse trap unless I think I'll get some benefit.

Thanks for any any all comments. Hope everyone has a great New Year.

I've used them and like them - last I bought was from Brownells about 8 years ago and then there were two kinds: one of compressed wool fiber and one with brass shavings in the wool fiber for extra cleaning. You can use them for any aspect of bore cleaning, but they really shine whenever I use a bore paste for problem copper - I get good uniform pressure which I figure is better than any jag with a patch wrapped around it. Get the threaded jag which allow up to three pellets. A word of CAUTION: the pellets can come off on the backstroke so always check your bore to make sure it is clear.

I've used them and like them - last I bought was from Brownells about 8 years ago and then there were two kinds: one of compressed wool fiber and one with brass shavings in the wool fiber for extra cleaning. You can use them for any aspect of bore cleaning, but they really shine whenever I use a bore paste for problem copper - I get good uniform pressure which I figure is better than any jag with a patch wrapped around it. Get the threaded jag which allow up to three pellets. A word of CAUTION: the pellets can come off on the backstroke so always check your bore to make sure it is clear.

Thanks - I think I'll give them a try. Got a couple barrels with carbon fouling that should be a good test.

Thanks - I think I'll give them a try. Got a couple barrels with carbon fouling that should be a good test.
After numerous solvents I just went through 25 pellets using Lasso and the pellets are still coming out VERY black. Don't know which way to turn next~!