Veteran, new to this Forum

Welcome from your neighbor in Ohio. Thank you for your service! What part of Michigan? There are a few places here in Ohio where you can stretch out your 338 and 300wm. Take care.
I'm over here on the lower west side of Michigan, not too far from Grand Rapids. Right now, I drive 2 hrs to shoot. I found a range that goes out to 300 yards, and its just come when you want, no membership. Its more what I'm used to in Texas. Ohio is a little more of a haul for me. I'd say 2-3 hours is my limit for driving to shoot unless I'm on the way to Texas anyway.

Hello LRH, I've been reading this site for 2-3 months now. There seems to be a wealth of good information on shooting, reloading, and hunting here. I'm impressed with the depth of knowledge and advice I have seen given. I've been hunting since I was about 12. I hunt mostly deer, turkey, occassional doves, and quail. I bow hunt, muzzle hunt, and shotgun/rifle hunt. I'm originally a Texan, and have lived there off and on as work has permitted. I used to reload in college back in the early 70's. The living room in our off campus apt at Texas Tech was a reloading room usually full of shotgun hulls, brass, and dove feathers. I haven't reloaded since then until the last year. Now, I have a bench in my basement and have a nice single stage reloading operation for mainly .338 LM and .300 Win Mag. I hope to get to know some of you and I currently reside in Mi.
I get back to Texas for deer hunting both bow and rifle every year, and so I travel the North South corridor between here and there a few times a year. It really is hard to find nice places that are open to shoot long range here in Michigan. Its all clubs and they are full it seems. But, with no powder, no primers, and no ammo, its not as much of a problem.......There's a few things I'm looking for but I can't post in classifieds yet until I get some street cred here it seems. I can't believe that even the reloading equipment is sold out, not just the components! I do have some things to trade once I get permission.......I guess I'll see you around the forum as I try to get my basic training wheels around here. Thanks, and Salutations to Good Ol Boys and Girls.
Welcome aboard.
Thanks for your service!

You guys may appreciate this picture and what it means, especially those of you who have served.

BE REALLY SURE TO READ THE INSERT THAT GOES WITH IT.

1623427027115.png