Very useful tool ...

IPA's are something that I like as well, but there are some bad one's out there that you have to be careful of.

That's funny about the Hawaiian weather...I have no need though. I live for 20 below. I hate summer with a deep, hot, burning passion lol

Yeah, there are some better than others but I like most, especially the local ones.

Summer in Hawaii aint bad. Better than Billings Montana where temps get to 100 and above fairly often. Tropical Island climates aren't too bad. Temps rarely exceed 90 in Hawaii. I can get along OK in the cold weather, but I sure don't live for 20 below :rolleyes:

Average Weather for Honolulu, HI - Temperature and Precipitation

Dude, Americans spoil good quality brews. Room temp is how they do it over there and once you get used to it, which didn't take long for me, it's hard going back to chilled... unless it after a long hard hot day, then a Bud Light Lime is nice :rolleyes:

Yup. There is a pub in Denver, I think it is called "Pints", that serves it's brews hand drawn and at room temperature. MMMMMMM good. They also have the widest selection of single malt scotch outside of the UK.

I Love that place!!!

Dude, Americans spoil good quality brews. Room temp is how they do it over there and once you get used to it, which didn't take long for me, it's hard going back to chilled... unless it after a long hard hot day, then a Bud Light Lime is nice :rolleyes:

Bud Light Lime? you're making this TOO easy for me bro :cool:

I think you will find that i'm not quite that cultured. I made the mistake of trying a "normal" beer at room temperature, yup, I barfed. I don't know that I would have a much different reaction to a pint of stout.

t

The best domestic drink are the ones made at home like corn crib liquor or rasberry wine or apple jack. Domestic stuff is pasturized, homogonized and ostrasized......:)

My neighbor makes corn crib liquor. It's wicked stuff. A little sip does you real well.

My dad used to call commercial brews 'Weasel Pee'.. I agree.

Yup. There is a pub in Denver, I think it is called "Pints", that serves it's brews hand drawn and at room temperature. MMMMMMM good. They also have the widest selection of single malt scotch outside of the UK.

I Love that place!!!

Sounds like a place I would like to go. I don't get why Americans don't catch on to good brew served the old fashion and best way.

Bud Light Lime? you're making this TOO easy for me bro :cool:

I think you will find that i'm not quite that cultured. I made the mistake of trying a "normal" beer at room temperature, yup, I barfed. I don't know that I would have a much different reaction to a pint of stout.

t

Oh no.... you can't do Bud and MGD warm. That just doesn't work. UK brews are a whole different story. If you had a real pint of Stout or a real English Ale or Bitters (Hoppy like IPA) served the way it should be, I think you would like it. I just don't drink the domestic brews anymore, except an very occasional Bud Light Lime on a hot day :D

My dad used to call commercial brews 'Weasel Pee'.. I agree.

Your dad had good taste!

I was introduced to Guinness Stout on my first TDY to England. They have it on tap there and served a t room temp. It became my favorite.

We toured the main brewery, luckily it was only a walking distance where we spent the night. :D

As we drive south, on our way back to England via Wales, we learned that there are parts of Ireland that turns from Guinness crowd to the Killian. I guess we played it right. :)

Just throwing this out there. ****** day, ****** football practice (I'm a coach), and ****** that I didn't get any shooting in this week at all.

God I love Johnny Walker on days like today!

I'm glad tomorrow is a new day!:D

Not something I'd want to be (coach). I have a hard enough time dealing with grown men acting like little kids, let alone kids acting like kids.

Just bottled wate tonite.

Working on the corn burner and working in the shop making parts. Had the ML out Sunday playing with that. I need to sight in my 44 magnum. I put a scope on it. Had to make a mount (none available) for a 2 screw 27 vintage revolver and I'm not about to tap the top strap for a B-Square. Loaded up some Sierra Game Masters with 27.5 grains of Lil Gun. I need to load some 45 ACP's too.

I took a 3 screw B-Square and Tigged a saddle on ther front that rides the barrel base just in front of the cylinder and utilizes the rear sight mount as a recoil lug. It should work, but we shall see this Sunday.

The 44 was my late uncle's so it has sentimental value plus it's a hell of a shooter and I've always admired the S&W Dirty Harry special.... 'Make my day'...:)

I heat basically for free. Corn is a crop for me so I go to the elevator and pick ujp a gravity wagon of last years crop, auger it into a grain bin and roast it in the winter.

Better than putting it in gasoline to make ethanol that makes cars run like crap.

I'm out of Unique and I have very little Titegroup so I'll be looking for pistol powder soon I suspect.

Concentrating on the 44 remington Magnums so when I get the Henry, I'll have plenty of rounds.

Need to tuck the bikes away for the winter. Thats an involved job with this crap gasoline. You can't leave it sit in the fuel tanks over the winter (even in a heated shop) because it sludges up everything. I have to drain the tanks, refill with premium av gas (no corn liquor) and add Marine Stabil and a stabilizer and start 'em every 3 months. They aren't fuel injected and the carbs gum up.

Not something I'd want to be (coach). I have a hard enough time dealing with grown men acting like little kids, let alone kids acting like kids....

...I need to load some 45 ACP's too. I'm out of Unique and I have very little Titegroup so I'll be looking for pistol powder soon I suspect.

I heat basically for free. Corn is a crop for me so I go to the elevator and pick ujp a gravity wagon of last years crop, auger it into a grain bin and roast it in the winter.

Better than putting it in gasoline to make ethanol that makes cars run like crap.

Ironic, we just had a meeting with about 30 gents who make a habit of acting like little kids :rolleyes:

You mention needing another pistol powder. I've been running Ramshot Silhouette in .45 auto for over 1k rounds now, i'm digging it. I mention it only because it's been very available in my area.

Your ethanol statement cracks me up. It does makes vehicles run like crap, I avoid E85 like the plague while fueling my toys. (thank god I drive a diesel truck).
A guy thinks Diesel gets gummy in the winter... ethanol is just as bad or worse.

believe it or not, I had no idea a fella could burn corn for heat. Very intresting.

t

"I'm out of Unique and I have very little Titegroup so I'll be looking for pistol powder soon I suspect."

The good news is that I have seen Titegroup everywhere. Should be able to find it at least.

I have a headache today :rolleyes::cool:

Gotta be careful with diesel too. The gummit mandate removed all the sulfur from diesel so it's lost it's lubricating quality. Consequently, the micro honed surfaces in your injection pump suffer and the injector pintles tend to gall, plus B20 is crap. I don't ever use bio-diesel, made that mistake one time. Problem is, once you have it (algae), it's hard to kill.

B20 grows algae in the fuel tank if you let it sit. I had some in my farm tank over the winter and it grew red algae, plugged the filter and I had to add biocide (Power Service Bio-Clean) to the storage tank and then drain off the dead algae.

It smells nice (B20) but I'm not enviromentally friendly enough to use it (at a premium price too).

I use Caterpillar fuel additive in my storage tank and in my diesel pickup, a little bit goes a longh way and it adds the lost from deletion of sulfur, lubrication. It actually pays for itself (retail is around 34 bucks a quart). It increases your fuel mileage a bit because it raises the cetane rating of the fuel too.

B20 gells really quick in the winter too.

I do a lot of handloads in 44, 45 auto and 45 LC. Straght wall cases are so much easier to deal with and propellant use is so much less, one reason I want to get a Henry for whitetails here in Michigan.

Been heating with corn for at least 10 years now. I actually have a friend with a low pressure corn boiler in the basement and hydronic baseboard heat. I have a freestanding corn burner in the great room that keeps the entire house toasty and mine will burn anything from corn to processed wood pellets to cereal grains like wheat and rye.

I'll check out the Ramshot.

BTW, Precision Reloading has 8 pounders of Retumbo in stock, or did as of last night. Kind of suprised me, Retumbo has been absent for a while.

"I'm out of Unique and I have very little Titegroup so I'll be looking for pistol powder soon I suspect."

The good news is that I have seen Titegroup everywhere. Should be able to find it at least.

I have a headache today :rolleyes::cool:

People mistake Titewad and Titegroup often. Titewad is shotgun propellant.

No headache here. Just pollen issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.