Very slow week in shop.......

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Well, some of you may have heard on the news about a bit of weather that was up in the Montana area. Well, for the first time in my life, I was snow bound. Tuesday and Wednesday we were totally trapped in the house. No big problem well prepared, little one and wife just get a bit stir crazy.

Thursday we were able to start working on the digging out process. Here are a few pictures of what we found when we first stepped out of our door which was covered by three feet of snow by the way as well.

ImportedPhotos00012-3.jpg

Behind that 10 foot tall pile of snow is a 2008 Santa Fe SUV, 2004 GMC Duramax, our entire deck and a 500 gallon propane tank!!!

ImportedPhotos00015-2.jpg

Here is the view from the other end of the house. Not alot better but at least you can see the truck is still there!!!

ImportedPhotos00019.jpg

Here is another view view later in the day with Bec and Kanzie playing on the big drift. Kenzie was not overly impressed at first but after a bit we could not keep her out of her little pink snow suit and off the drifts!!!

ImportedPhotos00022.jpg

This was the lowest point in the drift across the drive. Bec is roughly 6 feet tall so it gives you some idea how tall even that part still was as they are standing on around a foot of snow where they are standing.

ImportedPhotos00024-2.jpg

Yep, Dad had to climb up on the drift. This was Friday afternoon. As you can see the snow was starting melt pretty good by then except where the huge drifts were. Not every day you can look down on your camp trailer from a snow drift in your front yard!!!!

Friday was the first day that we broke through to the outside world. Was alot of plowing and digging but we made it out. There were a few sections of road that they had to bring in big blowers to clear the road, the drifts were way to tall for the plows and graders to break through.

Needless to say I was not in the shop much at all this week....

Things should get back to normal this week but now we have a new danger to worry about, 60 degree temps, rain in the fore cast and a hell of alot of snow around, ya know what that can add up to!!! You guessed it, floods!!! Springtime in Montana, got to love it.

You let a little bit of snow like that keep you in the house.:rolleyes:

Sounds to me like a good time to start building an underground tunnel to the shop. Hope it doesn't warm up too fast or you might go floating through Great Falls.:)

Kids always think a lot of snow is fun. They don't quite think of it the way the people that have to shovel out of it do.

Kenzie looks like she's growing up pretty fast.:)

Looks like you and Nate 308 have alot in common regarding weather.
Hope it melts for you soon.

Time to break out the toboggans! Isn't spring great in this part of the world.

Kenzie looks like she's growing up pretty fast.:)

I was thinking the same, last I remember she was in the hospital with mom. I would have no guess how old she is now. They sure grow fast don't they! Should be about time for Kenzie's little brother to be coming along.:D

My wife buys out the store if she hears we are having snow. For some reason she has a fear of being snowed in....we live 100 miles from the gulf of mexico. :)

I hope your wife does not have the same compulsion or you are going to be eating sandwiches for every meal for the next two weeks. Or at least until all that bread she bought goes bad.

I am glad you got to spend some time with the family, even if youhad to get snowed in to do it.:)

When my daughter was born back in september of 1983, the hospital in our small town was overwhelmed with the number of babies that were born at the same time. the nursery was full and they had to set up another hospital room with temp quarters for them...... turns out that this was 9 months after the big january blizzard of 83 that had everyone snowbound for a few days....:D oh well, ya gotta do something to pass the time!

hell that was way back before all this global warming stuff, i thought these kind of things couldnt happen any more! Mark your calendars guys! AJ

WOW Kirby! That mess missed us down here in Bozeman. Got a little out of it, but it has definitely been a snowy spring here. In the months of Mar and Apr, I have had about 8 ft in my yard. I read a headline this morning that this past Apr was the wettest on record.

Spring Bear is wayyyy behind schedule :rolleyes:

Stay dry :D

-MR

Did FEMA show up w/ everything that the people in montana needed ?
Oh yeah it's montana -never mind.

Take it easy -Mike

Kirby,

Nice pix. Here's how Montanans deal with temperature changes ...

60 degrees above zero ---Floridians turn up the heat
People in Montana plant gardens

50 degrees above zero -- Californians shiver uncontrollably
People in Billings sunbathes

40 degrees above zero -- Italian and British cars will not start
Montanans drive with windows down

32 degrees above zero ---Distilled water freezes
Water at Fort Peck Dam thickens

15 degrees above zero -- New York landlords turn up heat
Montanans have a last cookout

0 degrees ----------------- Miamians die
Montanans close windows

10 below zero ------------ Californians fly to Mexico
Montanans bust out winter coats

25 below zero ------------ Hollywood disintegrates
Montana's girl scouts sell cookies door to door

40 below zero ------------ Washington D.C. runs out of hot air
Montana's dogs sleep indoors

100 below zero ----------- Santa abandons North Pole
Montanans frustrated that they cannot start their mini vans

460 degrees below ------- All atomic motion stops
Montanans say "cold nuff fer ya"

500 below zero ----------- Hell freezes over
Montana public schools close

Regards!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.