Very proud dad moment!!!

YYYYAAAAAAHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):)
The father son shooting and hunting relationship is only experienced by father and son. It is a relationship that will last a lifetime.
My dad is 90 and is still hunting elk with us every year. I will take him as long as he wants to go.
Good on for raising your son in this unique environment we call the gun culture!

Great job DAD. I get to do that with my grandkids now.
2 year old. MICHAEL'S P-DOG.jpg

Pass It On, congratulations. My Dad took me with him hunting when I was 5 and I'm 73 now. I've taken my son, grand kids and friends along the way.
As a Dad it's the best way to make your children your BEST FRIEND FOR LIFE!
Way to Go!
SEMPER FIDELIS

Way to go dad, hopefully he will instill the same passion in his own kids .I'm starting to shoot with my 7 year old grand daughter , so I hope to have videos to share .

What a rush for both of you, congrats to you both! Sometimes life is just perfect! I will disagree with elkhunter51, however, I got the same rush and enjoyment shooting with my mentor uncle (thank you Uncle Ivan!) as my step dad tried to hunt but never killed anything except ducks! It was my uncle who taught me about hunting and got me interested in accuracy, for which I will be eternally grateful!
Cheers,
crkckr

Awesome! THE best times I've had afield were as a youngster being mentored and while mentoring later in life.

Very very cool . He'll be wanting to shot lopes and deer this fall if y'alls hunting regulations allow it . It's so awesome to see out kids succeed especially at something we all as dads and hunters hope that our kids will enjoy as much as we do . Keep em in the wilds and you shouldnt have no issues

Nice tutelage dad! My son shot a small buck when he was 11 and a couple pheasants in following years, some of my favorite ever hunting moments, but it just didn't stick with him. It was a great excuse to buy extra guns and I have more than enough reloading equipment for 2 people now....just in-case he gets into this madness later, about done with college now. I do have a new granddaughter I can try with in a few years.

Well I have been taking my now 6 year old son shooting for quite some time, from nerf guns, to bb guns, then the major transition to a crickett .22 this last christmas. He has been doing quite well, the other day he printed a 10 shot 100 yard group of under 5" with only a front support!! Watching my son grow has been amazing.

So I took him out yesterday to practice shooting prairie dogs, with full intention of him using solely his 22. Well the p dogs weren't cooperating, they would duck soon as we were within 150 yards, or not stay out long enough for him to get a shot off. So, I said to heck with it, and set up like I normally would.

I drove to the top of an outlook I frequent with ranges out to 500 or so yards, and generally a lot of p-dogs. Sure enough, I spotted a few starting around 300 yards on out. I set up my braked 13 lb .260 AI on bags, and ranged the closest one at 274 yards, saw no wind, and dialed 1.75 MOA, and had him get on the rifle too see if he could find it. He answered with a confident "yup." So I turn on my camera so I can spot his shot, popped his saftey off, and tell him to aim center and send it. Several seconds later I feel the report from my brake, and see the prairie dog go airborne!!! Impact!!! I am overcome with excitement, but you will hear that in the following video.

He then followed that up with another 1 shot hit at 130 yards, then took out 3 more dogs with 5 shots, 1 at 364, and 2 at 367 in some pretty stout winds!!!

When I say I am proud, that is a gross understatement here guys. Words just don't explain. So I felt like I had to share. Hope this brightens someone's day even a fraction of what it did mine. Take care and god bless.

View attachment 140854 View attachment 140855 View attachment 140856 View attachment 140857

He is absolutely my HERO as well. I am a .260 AI guy as well and can see he will likely stay with it. You can get another for yourself!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.