Very Bad Choice Made By This Piggy

So, basically all you do is take a .300 Win. Mag. & neck it down to a .284 bullet....correct?

Judging by the picture, it almost seemed that there were 2 "necks" in the casing? The standard neck...then another one (much shorter than the first), near where crest (where the projectile enters)?

Or is merely an optical illusion, from where the neck is crimped to the bullet?

Just call Dave Kiff at PTG and order a reamer. Then your smith can ream an existing 7mm rem mag seating die with the Finish reamer. Have a sizing die made with the roughing reamer and you are good to go with fire forming. Do not use the "penciled in" neck dimensions unless you want to turn the necks (I used Lapua Brass 300 win mag as the parent) then fire-form with 3/4 full case charge of bullseye no bullet of course and you are ready to go.. What you are seeing is the drawing used to make the reamer. Compare the body taper to a 300 win and you will see that it is less also the neck is shorter and at a 35% angle. Picks up almost 6% over the parent and the cases do not streach much.

Little rifle is the most accurate sporter save my 6.5x284 that is cut with the match reamer I use for my 1K BR rifles and that one is a tossup on some days.

Hopefully it will get a chance at a B&C Buck this weekend!! We will see..

Thanks, I never knew they were that bad!

edge.

That is how I got into 1K BR shooting.. Pigs are the worst thing to happen to our area since man moved into the area. I have rifles that are set up Just to kill the little monsters. The SR 25 with a 16in tube and NV or the SR15 with the USO SN4 are awfully hard on a group of them caught in a tank wallowing at night lol! Used to use a AI AWM in 338 Lapua back in the day before the more accurate tools were brought into the picture. Not to say the AI is not accurate just not as accurate as my Speedy rifles.

The best way is at extreme range where they do not know where you are then in the confusion several if you are lucky can be had at once. They are the toughest animal to put down (that I have shot) unless the round goes through the boiler works!! The shoulder feels like it has a plate of Kevlar in it!!

Hey Boss,

Essentially you are saying that what I will be needing is a Dave Kiff reamer...then I will have to fire-form .300 Win. Mag. brass?

Is this correct?

Does anyone produce ammo for it?

The reason I ask, is because of a few reasons......

1. I don't have a reloading setup.

2. I don't know alot about reloading...even if I DID have a setup.

3. Honestly...I'd just rather pay someone who really knows what they're doing and have an accurate gun, with no problems.....than for me to do it, and not have a clue whether it's gonna work....or explode, when I drop the hammer?

You know what I mean?

In short, this is not for you in any way, shape, form or fashion. It is a complete custom set up all the way and load development is required. To tinker with Wildcats is not hard but it does require a moderate level of experience and the right tools to do it correctly.

Put this on the back burner for when you do decide to get into this part of the sport!! It is a lot of fun and very satisfying!

Yeah...I just love having odd-ball calibers that not alot of people do.

Like where I'm from not many people have ever seen....much-less have a clue what a 7mmSTW is!!!

I've had one for over 7 years...and most of my buddies still don't have a clue what it is.

I'm just a MASSIVE fan of the 7mm round...and that was all I used for the last 5 years, until about 3 months ago, someone broke into my shop & stole 4 of my guns...including my Browning A-Bolt Composite Stalker 7mm RemMag with a B.O.S.S.

That was THE best shooting A-Bolt I've ever shot...and one of the best shooting rifles I've ever had period!

That's one reason I like the idea of a "Steroided" 7 Mag!

Now you see why I want one so badly...plus I have that Ruger M77 MK-II 7-Mag just laying around the house...it's almost seems like a waste of a good action?

pigs are good eating, no doubt. especially if they are on farms, vineyards or other places where they can eat really well. Just keep them clean and get them on ice. I like to make chili verde...

Nice shot :)

Are they any good to eat, or are they just varmints? We don't have them where I hunt and have heard of folks hunting them but always assumed that they were meat hunting.....???

edge.
To me they are great eating. I've shot, killed and eaten my fair share.

Thanks--this was a smaller sow but make no mistake they will tear you a new one if they can. Hopefully, will get to get rid of a few more this weekend but because my daughter came in from school only hunted 1 eve and one morn last weekend.

I hate the pigs with a passion--tear up everything they can and the deer hate to be around them! Will take another pic this weekend of the remains--between the other pigs, coyotes, buzzards and fire ants there will be nothing but maybe the skull and the rib cage. I always get the bottom tusk to give to people so they will know how SHARP that bottom tusk is! Will cut you like a knife.
Let me know when you'd like to really make a dent in your hog population. I've got a buddy plus myself who really enjoy hog hunting and have been doing it for years. He just sold his place near Crockett, just outside of Centerville because the hogs were too scarce. It's because he got me into hogs that I have my name. We are in AZ but understand very well the damage and dangers of hogs.
You don't shoot them in the head because their skulls can deflect the bullet. They don't see well but can smell and hear you at great distances. As stated before, you go for the boiler maker or just below the ear slightly behind it's skull. Good old 30-06 will make jello out of their brain from behind from the impact and typically the spine is severed. Saves all of the wanted meat.
Crock-Pot the meat and you can do almost anything with the pulled pork. Season for tacos, burritos, barbecue sandwiches, stroganoff, stew, etc, etc.
175 to 200 pounders are perfect for eating. You can make great sausage by adding fat, yes you actually have to add fat. I've gutted and skinned many hogs. For us February through March were probably the best times to hunt hogs for eating. They tend to lose weight over the summer with the heat.