Versa Pod vs Harris Bi-pod

skip AI

Which one would be better for a mixed application of Varmint Hunting, BR, and Deer Hunting?

Whats the price difference between the two and which one do you have and why?

TIA, cheers

I personally think the Versa Pod is the better of the two as long as you get the LOCKABLE model. The big question is what height to get, there doesn't seem to be any happy medium for bench and field. They are about the same price.

Field work - I prefer VersaPod - More flexible (tilt & pan)
Off a Bench - I prefer Harris (S model).

But I have not tried a locking V-Pod yet.

Sorry to toss something else in here, but I just got my latest Sinclair catalog and I see that Stoney Point have a bipod that can attach and pan etc. I think it's called the Rapid Pivot, but I may be wrong. Price looked pretty good too.

Wim

I don't know what they are like and whether they are even an alternative.

Wim

I am very fond of my 3 harris particularly the 2 s class- one for prone and one for sitting and the only versapod I have seen was left on the counter of a gunstore when the owner replaced it with a harris - had problems getting it to "lock". This may not have been the locking version

I have tried the pod lock and did not find it useful for me

the mounting base alone on the versa pod weighs more than the harris bipod, the versapod easily adds over a pound to the total weight. I recently put my AM on slimfast, took 1 1/2 pounds off the toatal weight, wouldn't wanna put it back on with a versa pod.
JS

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.