Venison strip, it is what is for lunch …

FEENIX

Thinly sliced venison round, spiced with Alpine & Touch Montana's special blend spice and Weber gourmet burger seasoning, and panko bread crumb. For additional umami, it was deep-fried in lumpia oil. The complements are fresh raw organic carrots and Mountain man Scotch ale.

D1.jpg
D2.jpg
D3.jpg
D4.jpg
D5.jpg
D6.jpg

Seems to be the running joke on 'Cooks Corner'- Feenix' dog eats better than most of us!

Thanks for rubbing it in @FEENIX ;)

What the heck is lumpia oil? I thought they just used veggie oil to fry those spring roll lookin things. I tend to default to lard myself, but always interested in trying new things!

Seems to be the running joke on 'Cooks Corner'- Feenix' dog eats better than most of us!

Thanks for rubbing it in @FEENIX ;)

What the heck is lumpia oil? I thought they just used veggie oil to fry those spring roll lookin things. I tend to default to lard myself, but always interested in trying new things!

L 😇L! You are correct Sir, it's the oil used in frying egg roll, normally save it in the fridge for a few days before discarding it. It has tons of flavor and hates to waste it. :p

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.