Venison sausage.

Being Polish we use to boil our sausage .Bring to a rolling Boil place sausage in rolling boil . Boil for 18 minutes. Take out cut up and serve. If sausage can be boiled then it is great sausage. Grilled low and slow works well to.
I am a Polish also and you are right. If you can boil then it's the good stuff.
If not just grill at bake in oven

FB_IMG_1559416744478.jpg
received_2168710789864962.jpeg

Here is my recipe.This is for 25lbs of meat. 4oz sea salt,2oz fresh ground black pepper,Heaping tablespoon on the following,3 tablespoons of garlic powder,3 tablespoons of ground mustard,3 tablespoons of whole mustard seed,3 tablespoons of marjoram leaves,1 oz of cure.Next peel one head of garlic and simmer in a cup or so of water until the garlic is soft enough to mash with a fork(about 15 min).Let it cool or add a little ice to cool it and add to the spices with any additional water needed to dissolve the spices,usually around three cups total.Add it to the meat,mix well and run it back through the grinder.I usually run all my meat through a 1/4" or 5/16" plate first.Add spice slurry,mix and run it back through my grinder through a large plate.The one I use has only four pie shaped holes.I don't want to grind my meat any finer,just want to get my meat and spices mixed well on this second run.

I like to use pecan chips for smoking.They come out nice and red.The secret is in the smoking.It takes only four hours.130 degrees for the first hour,150 degrees for the second hour and 160-165 degrees for the next two hours.Then spray it with cool water and then let it cool while still on the sticks for one hour.After that I let it cool in the fridge overnight and then vacuum pack after that

Another tip is adding "Feezed Dried cheese & jalapeno peppers". They come packed as tiny bits and add to your Venison Kielbasa when mixing your meats and fat.
Then you can have Kielbasa with a hint of cheese and tang from the jalapeno.
You can purchase from a restaurant supply company.
Jill and I used to grind up a deer or two and make Smoked Kielbasa with cheese & peppers or just plain. Everyone wanted a ring or two and said we should sell it. Would have to get about $100 a pound for all the work involved.
Go hunting, all hunting equipment costs and time hunting, shoot the deer, field dress, come home and process, meats purchase pork & fat and seasoning, grind up everything, pack into rings, stay up for 24 hours smoking, then vacuum pack, freeze.

If you want to have your deer butchered and live in NE PA. Naugles Butchering does a GREAT Job.
Also if you wanted to purchase some good meats, sausage, Kielbasa this place makes the best.

Another tip is adding "Feezed Dried cheese & jalapeno peppers". They come packed as tiny bits and add to your Venison Kielbasa when mixing your meats and fat.
Jill and I used to grind up a deer or two and make Smoked Kielbasa with cheese & peppers or just plain. Everyone wanted a ring or two and said we should sell it. Would have to get about $100 a pound for all the work involved.
Go hunting, all hunting equipment costs and time hunting, shoot the deer, field dress, come home and process, meats purchase pork & fat and seasoning, grind up everything, pack into rings, stay up for 24 hours smoking, then vacuum pack, freeze.
Yep it sure is a lot of work but I really enjoy it.We like Andouille sausage and it is pretty well seasoned sausage.Some foks here can't eat it but we do.My daughter and her family enjoys it also so I don't mind the work.

Amen bro,,,same for our homemade blackberry jelly..((not jam)) folks just don't realize the TIME&EFFORT that we put into things and they wolf it down like you stop at the Dollar store and pick it up for a buck..:(:(:rolleyes:..Well I look at the bright side I pick less berries and deal with less stress..Sorry for ranting...hit a nerve....I guess..LOL

Amen bro,,,same for our homemade blackberry jelly..((not jam)) folks just don't realize the TIME&EFFORT that we put into things and they wolf it down like you stop at the Dollar store and pick it up for a buck..:(:(:rolleyes:..Well I look at the bright side I pick less berries and deal with less stress..Sorry for ranting...hit a nerve....I guess..LOL
We had friends that wanted to see the process and half way through they left with the words,"Too much work".
At least when they ask for sausage they understand how much work it takes from start to finish as that night I stayed up until 4:00 am for the sausage finished smoking,drying,blooming and put into vacuum packed bags.

We had friends that wanted to see the process and half way through they left with the words,"Too much work".
At least when they ask for sausage they understand how much work it takes from start to finish as that night I stayed up until 4:00 am for the sausage finished smoking,drying,blooming and put into vacuum packed bags.
LOL,,same when asking anyone to help pick the WILD THORNY berries,,,scurry like rats when ya turn the light on,,,buddy have a great day....