Venison Fajitas

Barrelnut

Well can't hold a candle to Feenix's spectacular creations, but it was last night's dinner at my place. Down to some venison flank steaks and shanks from last season, so hoping for a good season this year.

Took a pound of flank steak (sliced across the grain) and marinated it in the mix below all night. Then blackened some red bell pepper and a fresh jalapeno with a small onion, in olive oil, in a cast iron skillet and set them aside. Then dumped the flank steak and marinade into the skillet and cooked it fast on medium high heat and tossed the veggies back in.

Marinade:
Juice of whole lime
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (wife doesn't like it too hot...)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Ended up looking like this:
meal.jpg

Looks tasty!
Probably my families favorite game dish, works well with almost any type of game meat!

Man rifle season is 2+ months away here in TX...y'all are killing me with these food pics! That said, dove season starts this weekend, and my O/Us are getting a nice cleaning this evening to prepare. :cool:

Archery Elk starts this weekend here in Montana and I'm out till Rifle starts . This darn Open Heart Surgery has changed my plans this summer for sure !

Archery Elk starts this weekend here in Montana and I'm out till Rifle starts . This darn Open Heart Surgery has changed my plans this summer for sure !

Greetings from the Great Falls side of the Big Sky Country. It's best to take it easy for now and save it for the general season. I will be out in the Montana wilderness (Highwood Mountain) this weekend trying to stick a majestic wapiti. Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.