velocity in a 30-378

PaLuke

Hello, I got a chance to chrono my 30-378 today with a 208 gr A Max with 104 grains of Retumbo for the load. This is a new rifle and really its still breaking in but so far been staying around 3/4" at 100 yards for 5 shots. What surprised me was the 3050 fps for the load. Its a fairly accurate load so I might play around with it a little but the velocity seemed low. Am I wrong about this? I've been reading guys getting 3200 with this bullet. Thanks for your info.

Hello, I got a chance to chrono my 30-378 today with a 208 gr A Max with 104 grains of Retumbo for the load. This is a new rifle and really its still breaking in but so far been staying around 3/4" at 100 yards for 5 shots. What surprised me was the 3050 fps for the load. Its a fairly accurate load so I might play around with it a little but the velocity seemed low. Am I wrong about this? I've been reading guys getting 3200 with this bullet. Thanks for your info.

I get 3200 fps with the 210 berger.

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to stick with this load for now. Its hard to do anything outside here in Pa. with the wind we've been having. Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.