Vectronix vs G7

jt183

The onboard computer of the G7 rangefinder looks to be very beneficial but will it range small targets as well as the Terrapin??

I have owned a G7 for a while and just got a Terrapin for Christmas. I haven't done extensive comparisons between the two yet but the narrow beam of the Terrapin, and the fine ranging circle makes small target ranging past 1000 yards an easier process. I agree with Bros that for 1000 yards and under, for all but the most difficult situations, the differences are not that great. For my 1000 yard and less hunting with my 6.5z284 I'll continue to use my G7. The ability to measure density, temperature, angle, and compute has worked flawlessly for several animals this past season including a coyote past 1000 yards. The near/far modes assist with interferences like hills or brush. I am putting a 338 together with the intention to shoot out at the extended ranges, and plan to use the Terrapin with manual measurement and entry of conditions for this work. I can see that this is where the Terrapin's capability will offer advantages over the G7.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.