Vectronix Terrapin

rowen99

Looking for a Terrapin - anyone know where a guy can find one? know its a shot in the dark ...

Much cheaper to get the G7 from gunwerks solid out to 2000 yards plus does all the math for you. But then again the terapin is a beast. Best in the world for the $$$$. Good luck either way.
Eurooptic.com has them for $1995.00
Or $1600 for the G7 just about anywhere

They pop up on the hide in the 1800-2000 range just have to check daily,sometimes hear also,but not so much.I lovemine

for the record - you cannot buy a terrapin from europtic - they no longer stock them - and have none in stock (trust me I have tried).. you can buy a plrf10 from them though.

Not to be a bubble buster but when the Vectronix announced they were discontinuing some of there line I started to do some investigating. On their website it was stated that 5 years from the end of manufacturer, they would no longer offer support. ie; if it needed to be repaired...sol.
I sold my Terrapin then next day.

Not to be a bubble buster but when the Vectronix announced they were discontinuing some of there line I started to do some investigating. On their website it was stated that 5 years from the end of manufacturer, they would no longer offer support. ie; if it needed to be repaired...sol.
I sold my Terrapin then next day.

Curious to know what if anything you replaced it with? Thanks

I haven't yet. Vectronix is in a class by itself. I've put the Leica Geovid (not the ballistic model) to the test in the field and was very impressed plus you have the benefit of an exceptional set of binoculars.
The more I look and for the type of shooting I do the BR2 is likely to make the final cut.

for some inexplicable reason the g7 won't do meters or mils, where cheaper rangefinders like the leupold 1200tbr does both.

utterly baffling. come on gunwerks!

for some inexplicable reason the g7 won't do meters or mils, where cheaper rangefinders like the leupold 1200tbr does both.

Because thier customer base is mainly if not all MOA. But just released is the improved BR2 2015 and it IS MIL capable plus greater range and smaller beam divergence, feel better? :D

Gunwerks just announced that the G7 has been upgraded to do MILS in addition to a 25% smaller beam. Check this site. I own and have used the G7 and the Terrsapin for a few seasons. Both are excellent RF's and outperform my Leica. While I still use the Terrapin for ELR shooting, the G7 is my go to RF for hunting. The on board ballistics calculator aligns exactly with my Terrapin/Shooter/Kestral system.

Previous in this post someone posted that the BR2 would do 2000 yards which I'm thinking is probably reflective and not at an animal. I been looking at these for a little while and somewhat tossing it around since it can do multiple loads and it take the place of having to pull out 3 different devices to get a shooting solution.:rolleyes:

Previous in this post someone posted that the BR2 would do 2000 yards which I'm thinking is probably reflective and not at an animal. I been looking at these for a little while and somewhat tossing it around since it can do multiple loads and it take the place of having to pull out 3 different devices to get a shooting solution.:rolleyes:

I wasn't able to confirm the readings, nor have I shot at anything at that range, but I was able to get readings off individual cows that were repeatable within a couple of yards a bit farther than 2000 yards....2024. Need s good rest and button squeeze!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.