• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Vectronix PRLF 10

Dennis Sawyer

Vectronix PRLF 10 in new condition. Only used once. $2800. Will trade for Nightforce ATACR with MOAR T reticule and some cash to make up the difference. Will also consider trades for other optics equal in value but must be MOA. 208/659/4713

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 231
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 11
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 9
How far will it range on elk sized game?

I have hunted with one for over 5 yrs. Ranged antelope on flat ground over a mile and just over their back was -------- Also have ranged coyotes in wheat stubble at a mile plus and 4 on a hillside at 2500. I was ranging an elk at 2505 yards on a hill side and just over his back ranged 7 yards farther to the dirt. The PLRF10 will get the job done easily to 2500 and in most cases on out to 2990. But I have never seen 3000 yards. These are the real deal with a very small and precise beam divergence.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. You answered that better than I could.

Hope I didn't speak out of turn Dennis, but I kinda have this thing about top shelf ranger finders.:)

I would guess you are stepping into one of the big boys so you can range to 10,000?:D I know you have to love the PLRF10?

Jeff

Thanks, I have a 338 snipetac and I've found myself wishing for more from my current rangefinder.

We find it pretty handy to range elk at a mile plus, then range hills between us and we know where we need to get for the shot and have a good idea of the shot distance before we get there.

Hope I didn't speak out of turn Dennis, but I kinda have this thing about top shelf ranger finders.:)

I would guess you are stepping into one of the big boys so you can range to 10,000?:D I know you have to love the PLRF10?

Jeff

No I'm actually glad you jumped in because you have pushed them to their limits. I'm actually just selling it to help fund another project. Will have to break out the Leica for a while.
Thanks, Dennis

What power is the rangefinder and do you use a tripod to range out to 2500 yds? I use the 10 power swarovski el range binos to spot and range. How would the plrf compare to this set up?

What power is the rangefinder and do you use a tripod to range out to 2500 yds? I use the 10 power swarovski el range binos to spot and range. How would the plrf compare to this set up?

I believe it is 6X and very crisp glass. Some put doublers on them, I have not.

You have a choice between an illuminated small red square for an aiming reticle, or fine cross hairs. I use the crosshairs.

Yes, tripod or sand bags. I use my rear bag either prone with the bag on end or on top the scope while prone. The flat bottom of the unit works well this way. No matter what RF you use your should not range off hand at very far distances. Precise distance is the most important element of any shooting correction. The reason I do not use ranging bino's, almost impossible to hold steady off sand bags so you need a tripod to be dead nutz in ELR ranging.

Another feature is the unit fires the laser on button release. It is very sensitive and any release will fire it. very nice, aim with button down and slow release when solid on target.

There are more functions I don't use. Like the ability to range multiple targets at once.

Jeff