Varmint/target .223 Savage Low Profile scope info.

Pete K.

Burris #200866 8X-32X-44mm, target turrets,fine plex, around $519. Found it for $319 (being discontinued?), or Bushnell 4200 8–32 x 40mm 42-8324M for around $429. Primary use is 100 to 200 yard benchrest target and some small varmint hunting. Is 8 power low enough for small critters. I want to see the holes on paper at those distances. Owners of both or either please give me you comments.The Burris claims its lenses are 56% larger glass area than most. Your feeling and thoughts are appreciated.
wink.gif

Pete K.

PeteK---

I have the Bushnell 4200 Elite in 8-32x in 40MM. It is mounted on Leupold bases and rings and it is on a Rem 700 in 243 cal. I regularly shoot out to 200 and 300 yards at the range (so I know the distances). I can easily see the holes in the paper at 200 yards. 300 hundred is a little tougher, but sometimes I still can! It is amazing. Other times I use those black targets that show up that green flurescent around the bullet hole out at the 300 yarder and can see every hole perfectly with the Bushnell Elite. I am truly impressed with this scope. I may want to put one on my 223 when it gets here. I am not familar with the first scope other than peering down one at Bass Pro Shop and looking across the whole store at a stuffed baby bear on the farthest wall... a good 85 to 100 yards away. It was a clear, crisp scope. Both are impressive and I would say you should be able to see your bullet holes with either at 200 yards. Even though I don't own a Burris, I'd vote for the extra bit of light grabbing out of the 44MM and the lower get-into price... Just my preferance for more light.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts