Varmint hunters paradise

MachV

We got out again on Sunday. Started off with the prairie dog town we couldn't get to earlier because of washed out roads. The grass is knee high and the dog #s not what we where used too?? Did thin out a few though.
Then we took off for the high country and cooler temps.
varmint15%20041.JPG

On the way up a few ground squirrels posed real nice for the camera and gun but for some reason I could not recover the pics and video?
It took 10 years but I finally found rock chucks we could shoot ....so we did. I was looking for dark spots on the rocks but Tyson saw this old female .
http://photos.imageevent.com/cjnmn/p...nt15%20033.MPG

http://imageevent.com/cjnmn/prairied...=0&y=1&z=2&l=0

varmint15%20036.JPG

varmint15%20050.JPG

A rock chucks view of the truck. We saw a pile of chucks but only shot three.........We know where to find them later.

varmint15%20037.JPG

Here's a pic of a prairie dog a couple weeks ago. By the time the better half got the camera lined up for a video of the shot he decided he didn't want to play anymore so he is alive and well and I got a shot at him with the Sony.......Too bad I think a round a little low in the rock would have made some great video!

DSC05018.JPG

We did get a few jack rabbits on the way home but didn't think to get pics. We did also survive a charge from a big jack running right at us on the road, Tyson just got out "I wonder" as we went over the jack..........The jack must have seen the pumpkin and ran in front of the back drivers tire=Squash!!! "well that answers that LOL"
I'll bet we saw a hundred deer and as many goats on the way home, lots of twins!

varmint15%20032.JPG

varmint15%20066.JPG

varmint15%20057.JPG
varmint15%20064.JPG

Sometimes at the same time.
varmint15%20063.JPG

varmint15%20061.JPG

We did get a few jack rabbits on the way home but didn't think to get pics. We did also survive a charge from a big jack running right at us on the road, Tyson just got out "I wonder" as we went over the jack..........The jack must have seen the pumpkin and ran in front of the back drivers tire=Squash!!! "well that answers that LOL"
I'll bet we saw a hundred deer and as many goats on the way home, lots of twins!

varmint15%20032.JPG

varmint15%20066.JPG

varmint15%20057.JPG
varmint15%20064.JPG

Sometimes at the same time.
varmint15%20063.JPG

varmint15%20061.JPG

That is some beautiful country out there!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.