V-Max or Nosler Ballistis Tip??

Kevin R

I have shot allot of coyotes with the 55gr V-Max in the 223 with good results. I just got some 55gr Nosler BT and noticed that they are boat tail, is there any big difference in the performance of the two bullets??

I just thought with the Nosler being boat tail might be a bit easier to seat when loading??

Thanks.

Kevin.

it's about a horse a piece. The boat tail design will get the bullet started nicer, but they'll shoot identical. I like the Noslers over the vmax, on coyotes, for some reason the Nosler seems like it stays together better than the vmax.

xdeano

I too prefer the noslers. They cost a dollar or two more but seem to be a better made bullet as far as OAL length goes. Accuracy seems to be about the same. And i live 1 mile from the hornady plant.....take it for what its worth:D

I prefer the NBT's over the Vmax's also. I seem to get a little better accuracy from them and I think it's because of the tangent ogive as opposed to the Hornady's secant ogive. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.