Utah points have moved

Utah big game draw results out today....................No luck for me for deer, elk, lope, bison and both species sheep.........................20 conseq years of applying for the deer.........a little less for other species...........It becomes difficult to stop applying when you have accumulated lots of points..............even when you feel deep down that the tag is already flagged for some brother-in-law.

Oh, well.........I'll make one more attempt at the deer anyway. Hope you guys after a Utah tag haven't ticked off the Governor in another life, as I must have.........Best of luck......................Flatwater Bill

Utah big game draw results out today....................No luck for me for deer, elk, lope, bison and both species sheep.........................20 conseq years of applying for the deer.........a little less for other species...........It becomes difficult to stop applying when you have accumulated lots of points..............even when you feel deep down that the tag is already flagged for some brother-in-law.

Oh, well.........I'll make one more attempt at the deer anyway. Hope you guys after a Utah tag haven't ticked off the Governor in another life, as I must have.........Best of luck......................Flatwater Bill

I know the feeling- 16 pts for Premium deer, 16 for elk, 14 for goats, sheep and moose..... Can't trust themselves so they have Nevada so do their draws...:rolleyes:

If you apply for the 2 best tags in the state youll never draw . Utah has some great hunts that dont start with an H or a P .

WeiserB

I am sure you are right. In fact, I have almost proven it with 20 applications for alternating H and P tags, without success. Still, I have seen some "lucky" folks draw with incredible regularity. Almost impossible coincidence. So it gives one hope.
I have seen a father and son draw desert bighorn tags in adjacent units, and camp on the common border for their hunt.
I have seen a man draw three moose tags in three western states in the same year.
I know a family of four in Idaho who have all hunted moose, sheep and goat, while other families have applied for over 30 years with no tags.
We all know similar examples of lucky hunters. So I thought, why not apply for the best tags?
I have almost.....almost learned my lesson.............Flatwater Bill

If you apply for the 2 best tags in the state youll never draw . Utah has some great hunts that dont start with an H or a P .
You'll love this... The first year I put in for the "P" hunt for premium deer I drew a tag... When I went to the processor in Kanab he couldn't believe it, he said he had been trying to draw for 25 years.. I've been trying to draw the same unit since then..

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.