Utah antlerless elk tags help

motrapper

I will be putting in for elk and moose and will probably get the cow elk tag my question is since i live in Sandy which unit is best and close i have only been here 1.5 years and i do not know the area great the game and park guys help but not much Now i did hunt the general any bull last fall around Kamas on upper setting road and Norway flats pretty country but saw nothing this summer i will scout more and spend lots of time but am i spending my time in the best area for a bull or cow any ideas will be greatly appreciated from a newbie in Utah
thanks
oh and to everyone who helped me last fall pick my 338 ultra mag
thank you

You have until the end of the month to do some homework. I'll tell ya where I'm putting in for around July 1st! Just kidding. How far do you want to drive and how bad do you want an elk? In other words, are you willing to get off the road and hike or just road hunt with the masses?

I would like to be no more than 3 to 4 miles off of any roads and in the past ran to the end of upppersetting road and went north about 4 miles and as we all know 2 miles straight up and down is brutal as compared to 5 to 6 of moderate angles but i like the Kamas area but willing to try any where just want to put my effort to good use '
thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.