Utah’s North Slope for Mule Deer

Ariver-RAT

Hi All,
I have been successful in drawing a mid October mule deer tag for Utah's North Slope. Any thoughts Or tips on an Outfitter in the area? Or Advice on whom to contact?
And thanks in advance.

I moved here in '90. the following year I started hunting. I hunted alot back then on the old "Anschutz" Ranch ( Now Bear Cub something?) Anyhow, I also hunted all along the North slope. Beautiful country, love it! It always seemed to me that the North Slope game all head to WY "when the first snowflake falls", ha. "Slope" is right as there are no real "benches", game seems to be "everywhere and nowhere in particular", no "pockets" of game rich areas, etc. I have always found that "you have to know your trees there"...you have to be "standing by the right one" when the migration to WY ( overnight I might add! ha) begins. I once drove from Bear River Service, all the up past Meeks Cabin Reservoir and up into WY on a September ML Hunt, right after a 3" early snowfall.(2006? I forget). I saw one doe and her fawn. That's about 30-40 "miles" of road hunting. This is just an observation as I never hunted more than a mile or two from the road. Maybe horseback is the way to hunt it? IDK

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts