USPS Shipping - Lost Packages to LRH Members

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Hello All and a Happy Healthy New year!
We sent out some packages to LRH members the past two months with Hornady Modified Cases that we made for 6mm Creed and .325WSM along with some other free shooting/reloading items. We didn't get responses back so started checking to see if the packages were ever received. Well some were not received. We sent USPS because small items and lower shipping costs.
I can't find all the members we sent items to.
If we promised to send you an item and you did not receive it-please send us a PM so we can resend.
So sorry if you did not receive, but sent through USPS. We usually always ship UPS for more expensive items.

Thanks
Len & Jill

Thanks for the heads up. I might be in a similar situation right now. Waiting for a package that was shipped last Tuesday and as of yesterday, no info on the tracking. Scheduled delivery was last Sat. Going to the Post Office today to dig further. Let us know what you find out. Thanks

The USPS service can be very unpredictable. Granted, most of the time it does a reasonable job, but I have run into severe problems in the past. I completely agree with using FedEx or UPS when value of shipped items is high. I want get into a rant disparaging the USPS, but suffice it to say you many times get what you pay for….

Usps lost a couple boxes of Bergers I sold to a member. I was not happy. Sent him a refund and moved on. Their insurance was so ridiculous I gave up and just ate it. Urgh.
What part of the USPS claim process were you having trouble with?

What part of the USPS claim process were you having trouble with?
it was a flat rate so came with 50 insurance. I just kept getting the run around. 50 bucks is 50 bucks, but it didn't take me long to throw my hands up and say eff it. I really dislike usps. The irony is they're just as expensive if not more than ups!!!

One way around the USPS lack of diligence is to sign up for their "Inform" delivery. This allows you to be "informed" of packages etc in system coming to you and you can track them better I am told by my local Postmaster that I just had a very similar discussion over lost packages. She told me USPS is no different than other businesses and not getting good help, work for short time and quit, no floaters to pick up slack, no subs available etc. She told me this was best means to help track your mail She also told me the theft of mail is so high it is unprecedented in the volume being stolen. Take her comments with grain of salt or believe them. I saw "help wanted" banner on outside of 2 different PO's locally recently so this was an eye opener to see that being advertised on their building.

I signed up for "Inform" and will let LRH if it is worth the effort.

Hello All and a Happy Healthy New year!
We sent out some packages to LRH members the past two months with Hornady Modified Cases that we made for 6mm Creed and .325WSM along with some other free shooting/reloading items. We didn't get responses back so started checking to see if the packages were ever received. Well some were not received. We sent USPS because small items and lower shipping costs.
I can't find all the members we sent items to.
If we promised to send you an item and you did not receive it-please send us a PM so we can resend.
So sorry if you did not receive, but sent through USPS. We usually always ship UPS for more expensive items.

Thanks
Len & Jill
Just an update:
I went to the Post Office today and I asked them what happened to the package. Long story short. I mailed as an oversize envelope (like Birthday cards saying extra postage) They are $0.90. I put the 325 case in a 4"x6" "Plastic" envelope. with $2.32 postage from my mailbox. The person at the PO said that if the envelope was not PAPER and was PLASTIC they consider it a "Package" not a Letter. So the cost is $4.70 for a small package. We shipped much larger/thicker Christmas Cards with two $0.58 stamps and no problem. Again, was told if the envelope is plastic-not paper and or has any bubble wrap type texture "IT IS A PACKAGE" even if it smaller than a paper envelope.
I asked well where is my "Package" then. They said probably waiting in a storage warehouse waiting to be processed and sent back to me. Mailed it a month ago.
Thanks to the Government and government workers

On the other hand, I just received a check from FedEx for the damage they did to our property which was substantial. So I guess the old adage "Pick your poison" probably still applies to how you ship.

On the other hand, I just received a check from FedEx for the damage they did to our property which was substantial. So I guess the old adage "Pick your poison" probably still applies to how you ship.
From the driver on your lawn? Glad you got that fixed. FedX and UPS are good with claims but have not lost a package for us yet. Try getting any money from the USPS.
We try to only use UPS, but the PO for small things like "Envelopes". May have to change that.

One way around the USPS lack of diligence is to sign up for their "Inform" delivery. This allows you to be "informed" of packages etc in system coming to you and you can track them better I am told by my local Postmaster that I just had a very similar discussion over lost packages. She told me USPS is no different than other businesses and not getting good help, work for short time and quit, no floaters to pick up slack, no subs available etc. She told me this was best means to help track your mail She also told me the theft of mail is so high it is unprecedented in the volume being stolen. Take her comments with grain of salt or believe them. I saw "help wanted" banner on outside of 2 different PO's locally recently so this was an eye opener to see that being advertised on their building.

I signed up for "Inform" and will let LRH if it is worth the effort.
We Have an ebay store and have used this service a lot. USPS is basically our last option tho. Ups is almost always the best price, gets there fastest, and I dont remember the last time they lost a box. Shipping dozens of packages a day, imagine the fiasco when usps loses 1 out of 100 even... every week wife was on the phone trying to locate things before the buyer decided enough and leave negative feedback.
Its really enlightening to see first hand how poorly a government run business actually is. Most of the post office employees treat you like a nuisance and the 2 hour shutdown for "lunch" is ridiculous, and 2 or 3 times a year I find my mail in the neighbors ditch. A few years ago I had a sizable check (thousands, and we were scraping by) go missing. Weeks went by and the company eventually cut me another one. That summer when mowing the front fields I found it 300 yards up the road in the ditch along with a dozen other pieces of mail as though She was sick of her job one day and just tossed it.

Last fall the post office confiscated our hemp samples and sent to law enforcement. All legals were in the box, addressed from a listed hemp producer to a testing lab, box marked "hemp samples". It cost us 300 dollars for the sampler to come take them plus 100 bucks per sample plus shipping cost. The samples are only legal for 5 days, so by the time we even got notified, it was a $500 box of mold. Inspector was a bit## and basically told us too bad...we had an attorney make a few calls and the next day we got our unopened package of mold back with an official apology. Paid the tester another 500 bucks and shipped it UPS. lab had it the following day. USPS sux

Last edited:
From the driver on your lawn?

We Have an ebay store and have used this service a lot. USPS is basically our last option tho. Ups is almost always the best price, gets there fastest, and I dont remember the last time they lost a box. Shipping dozens of packages a day, imagine the fiasco when usps loses 1 out of 100 even... every week wife was on the phone trying to locate things before the buyer decided enough and leave negative feedback.
Its really enlightening to see first hand how poorly a government run business actually is. Most of the post office employees treat you like a nuisance and the 2 hour shutdown for "lunch" is ridiculous, and 2 or 3 times a year I find my mail in the neighbors ditch. A few years ago I had a sizable check (thousands, and we were scraping by) go missing. Weeks went by and the company eventually cut me another one. That summer when mowing the front fields I found it 300 yards up the road in the ditch along with a dozen other pieces of mail as though She was sick of her job one day and just tossed it.
A story that happens all too often. I can't and don't want to get into all mixed lost mail where we live. For almost 15 years we had the same really nice lady delivering mail in the country where we lived. Delivered the same time every day. Could almost set you watch by here arriving. Samson would always try to jump in here jeep for a ride and she always had treats for him. She retired and that last five years have been horrible. Different PO employees delivering every week, never know what time it's going to be delivered, everyone for miles around get each other's mail. Find mail in the ditch by our mailbox, mailbox being left open and rain all over our posts. Complain-you got to be kidding me. The new people that are at our local PO in town don't care. I could say a lot about the hiring and the class of people that are hired, basically for life, but would probably offend some members.

it was a flat rate so came with 50 insurance. I just kept getting the run around. 50 bucks is 50 bucks, but it didn't take me long to throw my hands up and say eff it. I really dislike usps. The irony is they're just as expensive if not more than ups!!!
I sent a package to a guy in Georgia post office said they delivered it but he said didn't get it the post master said good luck on collecting the 50 dollars said he never seen it payed in the years he had worked there. David

I sent a package to a guy in Georgia post office said they delivered it but he said didn't get it the post master said good luck on collecting the 50 dollars said he never seen it payed in the years he had worked there. David
I got that vibe immediately.