uso or nf

One for the other side. I have and use a SN-3 for F-class 600yd and 1000yd competition. It tracks perfectly, and is consistantly on target when I use it. In fact, had I not stumbled upon this thread - I never would have taken the time to search this topic out. This is what I've found, there are several people that don't like USO. Most of these people keep turning up on the same boards making the same derogatory comments over and over. This is not a matter of the masses screaming for change; it is the opinions and views of about 6 people originaly who probably have a few groupies following them by now.

That being said, some of those are true marksmen who's views should be taken with more than a grain of salt. The others are probably on the bandwagon for the ride. Take the politics out of it folks - they make custom scopes one at a time by hand. Do they always work perfectly? My car doesn't, and I paid 50x the price of a USO scope. My motorcycles don't always work right either - they are custom products built for me.

My life does not depend on the perfomance of a scope - but if it did I'd have no problem using my USO.

John -
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> USO needs to dazzle us with their product line brilliance, not baffle us with BS litigation. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No argument here.

Now, with regard to the test: I mentioned in my first post on this thread, I purchased my SN-3 with the EREK turret. This was soon after the EREK turret was designed and offered. I found out that the click value was not 0.5 as advertised, but 0.451 MOA/click. This obviously is a design defect and originates, as I understand it, from the wrong pitch value on the elevation screw. I worked with USO to determine exactly the right value. I'm assuming, but do not know for sure, that the problem has been corrected. The problem you are describing is the exact opposite, where the click value is more that the advertised value.

So, I see two possible issues. 1) If the tracking is erratic, i.e., does not have the same click value each and every time the knob is turned, then the problem is either poorly designed mechanism to move the reticle or an O.K. design but poor manufacturing technique. OR, 2) if the tracking is precise, but merely wrong in terms of the amount of movement, then clearly it is a pitch problem and should be easily to correct. My SN-3 is precise in its tracking, but tracks at the wrong rate.

My solution was to write a program that allowed me to set the actual click value of my scope and have the output in terms of my turret so I wouldn't be hampered with this deviation.

I'm going to raise this issue with JW3 in the thread going on at Sniper's Hide and see what he says.

Hi Blaine,

Last nite waiting for my son to go to sleep so I could put toys together. I downloaded you program. Which you so kindly offered at SH.

Brother, I gota say that is some program, the work you put into it is unreal. You certainly did your homework in the planing stages and it certainly payed off.

I wish you great success with your program I know it will be one of the best.

Thank you, sir, Vern

smile.gif

[ 12-25-2003: Message edited by: DMCI ]

Q:"How about Customer Service?"
A:Outstanding. I called the number, and waited no more than 30 seconds, and had a great conversation with JBW3. By the time we were finished resolving the isues I had with an ST-10 EREK, not only was the scope tracking 52MOA UP from 100 bore sight(it also has 3MOA down), It was perfectly centered with a simple trick that he will have demoed at the Shot Show. A Hands on thing.
I was very happy with the service I got. I was also happy with the ideas we discussed for a future project. MY experiences with US Optics have been nothing but great. I have yet to have a bad experience with any of the companies I have dealt with since I got back into the gun thing

grin.gif

Hey guys, I e-mailed USO the other day regarding everything I have heard and wrote on this topic. Here is what I wrote and then below that is the response.

Hi, I have a couple questions for you. I have been reading some posts on the Long Range Hunting website (8 pages full) of people complaining about all the problems US Optics have. That would include tracking problems, scopes breaking, having terrible customer servise, problems with the variable scopes, Law suites against other scope companies, scopes having the wrong pitch on the threads like .43" instead of .50", many people bithing about the price and how they are that much better than any other scope manufacture, scopes taking several months to ship, glass supposedly being crap, scopes not working while shooting, some people think people like me buy these scopes just because we want to say we have them or something. All of these thing are being said by people that think they are not worth it and then there are people like me who think they are the best. I bought an SN-9 3.8-22X58mm about 6 months ago and I would like to say that it is the best I have used to far, I just wish that I would be able to shoot with it.(still waiting for custom barrel) I would like to know if any of the above is true, true and being fixed, or completely not true because I'm sick of people bashing this company and I getting tired of defending it.
Thank You

Here is the response I got back from USO in about a day...

Thank you!!
We are sick of it too. You will see a lot of changes taking place on the web after the 1st of the year.

Merry Christmas and have a great New Year.

Best regards,

John B. Williams II

U.S. Optics

5900 Dale St.

Buena Park, CA 90621

714-994-4901 - Phone

714-994-4904 - Fax

[email protected]
www.usoptics.com

Interpretation:

They are well aware of the well known problems with their over priced scopes, and have no intention of "fixing" anything other then with their lawyers.

Like I said, USO needs to dazzle us with their product brilliance, not baffle us with BS litigation.

Nighthawk

you write :
I bought an SN-9 3.8-22X58mm about 6 months ago and I would like to say that it is the best I have used to far, I just wish that I would be able to shoot with it.

do your SN9 have cant indicator ( leveler )

can you explain how you sucess to use scope without barrel on your rifle , and already ask question
what is the use of 250 moa scope ??

good shooting

DAN TEC

[ 12-26-2003: Message edited by: DANTEC ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Thank you!!
We are sick of it too. You will see a lot of changes taking place on the web after the 1st of the year.

Merry Christmas and have a great New Year.

Best regards,

John B. Williams II

U.S. Optics <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Humnmm, Nope. No changes in manufacturing, engineering, service or policy.... That's right "Doctor", another phone call to the attorneys office will fix your ills, make it all go away and fix all the problems with your defective products.

Well, not really.

[ 12-26-2003: Message edited by: Big John ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.