Using the new Kilo 2400, vertical changes (less vert) with added wind????

Jeffrthehunter

I am hoping someone can explain this to me. Shooting at 885 yards with 7mm Rem Mag my Kilo 2400 gave me an adjustment of 17.42 moa. I the changed the wind from zero to 5 mph at 3 o'clock and checked the target. The moa adjustment for vertical got smaller, went to 17.15. This does not make sense to me, I would think the adjustment would be more. (btw, went through this a few times and always got the same correction)
Can someone please explain?

Thanks, Jeff

Right to left wind with right hand twist will cause the bullet to rise. Left to right wind with rh twist will cause the bullet to drop. Change the wind to 9o'clock it should do the opposite.

Steve

Right to left wind with right hand twist will cause the bullet to rise. Left to right wind with rh twist will cause the bullet to drop. Change the wind to 9o'clock it should do the opposite.

Steve
Thank you Steve, I was not aware of this. I was planning on leaving the wind set at three o'clock no matter what (just adjust speed when needed), guess that's not a good idea.....

Thank you Steve, I was not aware of this. I was planning on leaving the wind set at three o'clock no matter what (just adjust speed when needed), guess that's not a good idea.....
Shoot the solutions and make sure they line up real world. Most programs don't give the rise and fall due to bullet rotation in the wind. Make sure you have all the proper bullet/rifle characteristics entered.

Steve

Shoot the solutions and make sure they line up real world. Most programs don't give the rise and fall due to bullet rotation in the wind. Make sure you have all the proper bullet/rifle characteristics entered.

Steve
Ya, the Kilo 2400 is a pretty amazing unit. I used the 885 distance to dial in velocity

Steve
Ya, the Kilo 2400 is a pretty amazing unit. I used the 885 distance to dial in my correction, adjusted velocity from 2850 to 2895. If i have any issues at 1000 or further I will just adjust the BC numbers. Seems to be a great unit, laser is super fast!! The app have also been flawless, just need more time with the settings.

image.png
These are the bullet hts with wind from these directions on the clock. Right hand twist.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.