Using one die for multiple calibers

I have a set of Redding dies for a 243 A.I., and I want to build either a 25-08 A.I. or a 260 A.I. I don't want to have to buy another set of dies.
For "me," it is not worth the trouble, "I" am not saying it is not doable. "I" will gladly spend the extra money for dedicated dies to save the time and aggravation/frustration, but that's just "me." Good luck!

Yes you can do that with one die. Body diameter, shoulder angle and case length are all exactly the same. Only difference is the neck diameter. No reason to buy three dies when one will do the job just fine by swapping bushings. There are a number of cartridge combos where one FL or Neck bushing die will work on multiple cartridges.

The only thing that you would want to watch is the amount of set back on each cartridge to make sure you aren't excessively bumping back one cartridge of the 2 or 3.
Correct. If you use one die, you will need to set it for each cartridge for proper sizing, shoulder bump etc, then mark the lock ring and die so you can reset to that witness mark for that cartridge. It would be very unusual if the die adjustment stayed exactly the same across three cartridges and guns.

the only way it would be worth it is if you had your own reamers and headspace gauges. the chance that you will have the same amount of sizing in multiple cases with different reamers is almost impossible especially with improver cases with no standard dimensions. remember undersized cases get clickers and oversized will shorten case life by a large amount and the last thing you want is to keep losing brass after all the work prepping and fireforming

Or you could buy a set of Redding comp shell holders and just write the correct shell holder down in your load data for each individual rifle and get perfect shoulder bump for each one without having to adjust your lock rings every time you load for a different rifle.
Great idea.

You may want to check the diameter of the die just ahead of the bushing. I had a similar issue trying to find a full length bushing die for a 338-06. I was told that the die constriction used to guide the neck into the bushing was not large enough to permit a 338 neck (.364") into the bushing. This query was posed to Hornady regarding their match grade die, but the Redding product appears to have a similar configuration. Check with Redding. The now appear to make a full length type S die for the 338-06 A-Square, so I bought one and bushing from SAC. Good luck with your project, but I agree that caliber specific die will prevent reset-up to maintain shoulder set back consistancy.

I believe you have a problem. 1. A 243 is a short action and 25/06 is a long action. The cases are different lengths. If you were loading for 25/06, 270, 7mm, 30/06 and all were AI chamber it would work, but you would have to reset the die each time when changing to a different caliber. Unless you use just standard case lengths and not setting up to bump the shoulder back a couple of thousands per caliber and chamber. I feel that each different chamber besides caliber there would be different length to the shoulder. So I don't think it will work. I had give a lot of thought on LF sizing dies, and determine I would be far better off to have a LF bushing die for each chamber and caliber. I load for 2-220 swifts, 4 25/06s, will be for a 280AI/6mm, 3, 208 Noma Mag's, 3, 338 W Mags I don't want to set up each time to bump the shoulder back. I have just order out crimping dies for each caliber. Hope I can use the crimping tool on the different crimping cases. I haven't used crimping dies before, so I have to figure that out. The one thing I have going for me is Tri Trim Gen 3 Case Trimmer. That does allow for me to cut the different caliber cases length all the same. So each Caliber I load for I won't have to change the amount crimping length for the different cases per caliber. I reload for. I am not for sure if that going to work, but I am in hopes it will. The other is I use a 21st Century neck cutting devise to cut my neck, and I can set it up to cut the necks to the same thickness per caliber. The other is I can't control the length to the shoulder of each rifle due to different reamer being used. I hope this helps.

I believe you have a problem. 1. A 243 is a short action and 25/06 is a long action. The cases are different lengths. If you were loading for 25/06, 270, 7mm, 30/06 and all were AI chamber it would work, but you would have to reset the die each time when changing to a different caliber. Unless you use just standard case lengths and not setting up to bump the shoulder back a couple of thousands per caliber and chamber. I feel that each different chamber besides caliber there would be different length to the shoulder. So I don't think it will work. I had give a lot of thought on LF sizing dies, and determine I would be far better off to have a LF bushing die for each chamber and caliber. I load for 2-220 swifts, 4 25/06s, will be for a 280AI/6mm, 3, 208 Noma Mag's, 3, 338 W Mags I don't want to set up each time to bump the shoulder back. I have just order out crimping dies for each caliber. Hope I can use the crimping tool on the different crimping cases. I haven't used crimping dies before, so I have to figure that out. The one thing I have going for me is Tri Trim Gen 3 Case Trimmer. That does allow for me to cut the different caliber cases length all the same. So each Caliber I load for I won't have to change the amount crimping length for the different cases per caliber. I reload for. I am not for sure if that going to work, but I am in hopes it will. The other is I use a 21st Century neck cutting devise to cut my neck, and I can set it up to cut the necks to the same thickness per caliber. The other is I can't control the length to the shoulder of each rifle due to different reamer being used. I hope this helps.
He is making a 25-08 not a 25-06.