USGI Modular Sleep system (Woodland)

crowsnest2002

I am receiving a two extra sets of these from a bid I placed. I'm just wondering if anyone on here might be interested in purchasing one. This isnt a for sale ad, it is a question of interest. I will place the ad when I acquire them and anyone that might be interested I will keep you in mind when I receive them.

USGI sleep system consist of one zero degee bag one light weight summer bag and a gortex rain fly all combine into one system for realy cold nights. I never had to use anything other than the summer bag and the gortex. unlike alot of other GI gear these are very well made.

I absolutely loved mine while I was in the service. They are top notch. Anyway they are the perfect backpacking sleep system since you wouldnt even need a tent for most circumstances. That bivy cover really does a good job. icanhithimman is right. The intermediate bag alone not coupled with the patrol bag is usually almost all you ever need. Now if your sleeping in dead of winter I would recommend putting it all together just so your cosey.

I'm going to pick them up on Thursday. This is just an interest post. I see that they are going for $150 online. I'd really like to get an honest assesment on them before I give you guys a price. I can tell you though I will definately beat $150.

I just wanted to inform everyone that the other bags are spoken for. My wife actually claimed one for herself, and the two others sold already. If I come across anymore I'll let you all know.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.